Ch 8: Worst helicopter ride ever

The entire way to the helicopter across the bridge I was in the most spaced out state of mind possible. Poor Ellis had to carry me on his back the whole way, and then he risked his life just to get me in the chopper first. Despite all the incidents that slowed everyone down, the whole group made it to the helicopter. Right as the helicopter took off from the helipad and began its journey to the safe zone, the bridge exploded in a blast of yellow, organge, and red. Debries of the bridge and infected plummeted into the water below. The four survivors sighed out in sweet relief. Coach informed the violet that I was infected, and the violet replied that he would drop us all off at the hospital in the safe zone. The eldest member of the group returned to his seat, and the four began talking about how they would resume their lives in the safe zone. Their battle was finally over. Mine wasn't. I was losing to the infection inside of me. My temperature had sky rocketed after I was in the chopper. I was nauseous to the point where my cheeks actually turned a pale green color that was hidden by the bright red flush of my fever. My brain was no longer processing things correctly and last but not least, I was paralyzed. My nausea eventually became to much for me to bear and I proceeded to vomit. I used 10 different air sickness bags. By the tenth one, which I filled half way, all I could do was dry heave. The half vomit filled bag joined the other nine completely filled bags in the garbage disposel. With the horrible nausea finally gone I was slightly relieved. But pain that engulfed my entire being soon replaced the sickening feeling.

   "Guuuyyys..." my voice was hoarse and fading away, making it sound like a cracking whisper. The group of four turned their attention to me, looking with worried and sympathetic eyes.

   "Just hold on a little longer. We're almost there." Ellis comforting rubbed my right bicep. My head was laying on his right shoulder, and his right arm was around me in an attempt to keep me somewhat calm.

   "Five more minutes until we land." the violet said through the intercom. I dought I can last another 30 seconds of this suffering through the change that was slowly happening. The helicopter began to bounce and shake because of the air turbulence. Every bounce and shake caused me to almost scream in utter agony. Everything about me felt wrong. It felt as though lit a fire inside of me, and continuously fanned the flames to make them grow stronger by the second. Try as I might to speak, no sound escaped my lips. My vision faded to black as my eyes closed for the last time as a human. The last thing I heard was the survivors calling my name. Their voices along with my human life faded away.