Ch 4: Thanks for the save, you're with us now.

I woke up and stretched on the branch I slept on. Yawning a little I untied myself and put the rope back in my back pack.Then as carefully as possible for me with an injured leg I climbes down the tree. When my feet touched the ground I started walking. I knew this trip was gonna be long and hard, but I was deteremined to stay alive. I noticed the bullet trail I was following was alomst covering the road. Bullet shells of all kinds were practically covering the road like water. 'They must've killed a tank. Those usually take a lot of bullets to take down.' I thought. I kept walking, my guard up so I wouldn't get ambushed by any infected. 'God I wish I had some pain killers.' my mind echoed, my right thigh causing me almost unbearable pain. I kept limping on, practically regreting each step. 'I will not die here. I will survive for as long as I can. I don't care if I can never see home again. I just wanna live through this.' Gritting my teeth a little, I kept going.

                   ~Time skip~

Well I guessed right. The survivors did kill a tank. Along with god knows how many commons. They killed a few other special infected too. I walked around the bodies the best I could, tripping on one. 'Lets hope I'm catching up.' I got back on my feet and walked on ahead. Just then loud gunshots and shouts reached my ears. Granted the sounds were a good distance ahead of me, but they were loud enough for me to hear from where I walked. Once again my legs became powered by pure adrenaline, that was given off by hope, and I sprited towards the loud noises. My injured thigh protested by making me slightly limp in my mad dash. I hit the breaks about two or so yards away from a battle. The survivors were fighting one of each type of special infected. I watched the fight as if it were a live action expirience. Then again it was an expirience I just stayed out of the way. I notcied with sudden panic that the tank began to barrel after Ellis, who was working on killing a charger that just didn't wanna go down. If Ellis got hit by the tank, while his attention is on something else he could die! Not thinking about my actions I ran into the fight towards Ellis. 'To hell with saying "Look out!" ' I thought and tackled Ellis out of the way of the tank's swinging fist. The tank landed a powerful punch to my stomach sending me flying into a car through its window. My head hit something hard enough to make it bleed. I blacked out right after.

                   ~Time skip~

Muffled voices flooded into my unfocused hearing. I could just barely make out what they were saying. My figure felt limp and very sore especially around my abdoman. My eyes felt like lead and didn't want to open. I needed to see where I was, so forced myself to to open up my eyes. My vision was extremely blurry, and the most I could make out of anything was four blobs of color. My head was pounding making me feeling like I had one serious migriane. After a moment or two my hearing came into focus so I could now understand what the voices were saying.

   "She saved Ellis' life! We can't just leave her after that!" a woman excliamed clearly aggitated.

   "Plus she's just a kid. It's a miracle she's survived this far. We won't leave her behind!" a man with a deep voice seemed to growl. I felt something shift under my head. It felt like someone's legs. Thighs to more spicific.

   "It's an unanimous vote Nick. The girl stays." the woman said sounding a little more calm. I heard a male, my guess Nick, curse and mutter fine.

   "Hey guys I think she's awake." a souther drawl said. I raised both my hands, which felt to sore for comfort, and rested them on my head. I could feel gauze wrapped around my hands, wrists, head, and stomach. Groaning a little I found my voice.

   "Where am I?" I moved my hands from my head using my fingers to rub my eyes some.

   "In a safe room in an abandoned plantation house." the deep voice said rather calmly. He sounded really relieved. Taking a deep breath, I attempted to sit up. But the pain in my abdoman made me stop and flop back down on my back, making my ridiculous headache even worse.

   "Christ in a hand basket that hurts!" I moaned, biting my lip some.

   "I wouldn't try sitting up again for a while. That tank landed a good hit on you. You're very lucky to still be alive." the woman wandered over and sat beside me.

   "Oh yeah before I forget, thanks for savin my ass back there. I'd be dead right now if it weren't for you." the souther drawl gently patted my head.

   "No problem..." I somewhat yawned. This wasn't exactly how I wanted to meet the survivors personally. But since they voted to have me stay with them after saving Ellis' life, and survived my injuries I guess this works just fine.

From Gamer to Survivor to Infected!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara