page 3

I stepped into the kitchen and sat down at the table. Where my mother was reading a paper and my brother was demolishing the pancakes that my dad gave him. For how much by brother eats, he still is able to be slim and boney. She my brother is a  black hole. He just sucks everything up that is in front of him. My brother looked like my father. But he had cat ears and a tail. I was the only one that seemed to inherit the full cat gene. My father sat a plate in front of me. My mouth started to water as the mix smells of bacon and pancakes filled my nose. It looked absolutely heavenly. I took a piece of bacon and shoved it fully into my mouth. I smiled as my mouth watered more. “ this is so good!” i said as i shoved more bacon into my mouth “ thank you dad”

“Welcome steam” he said as he went back to cooking. The thought still went threw my mind. As i felt the tilt of the mood right now. Usually mom would talk about what is going in the paper right now but. She seems to be just be keeping her face buried into it. I read the headline of the paper to see what she has been so sucked into. “ armies losing soldiers! New recruits needed”

“ new recruits?” i thought “ why would they ne-” but before i could finish my thought my mother spoke up “i can't believe the army is so desperate” she said as she folded the paper and put it down. Looking at my father. My father gave her a look of confusion.  “Well.. the soldiers are falling like flies. It would make sense why they would want new pe---”

“They are taking people out of their homes” my mom gave him a dead serious look

He looked at her in shocked “wha---”  

My mother just dead on not saying anything. She may of been shy. But when she gave you that look. It was extremely scary. My dad opened his mouth and then immediately closed it and went back to cooking.

The rest of the day went as normal. But the tense feeling radiating off my father never went away.