Chapter Five

I'm annoyed, so basically nothing has changed since I came back from the UnderWorld. I should have stayed at the palace. At least then I wouldn't be stuck in a boring conference room.

After Stark decided he wanted to talk to me, his suit grabbed me and flew me to one of the many buildings he owns. Now I'm in this room with some guard introduced as Happy blocking the door. Usually that wouldn't be a problem since I can shadow travel, but the lights happen to be extremely bright. Maybe Stark isn't as idiotic as I thought if he figured out my disappearing trick.

I alternate between tapping my foot and twisting in my chair (seriously, who give a demigod a swivel chair) for an agonizingly long time before the glass doors swing open and Stark finally decided to grace up with his obnoxious presence. "You kidnapped me." That's not what I was expecting my first words to him in months to be. Still, it is worth mentioning. "Doesn't that go against some type of super hero code?"

Stark glances to his body guard. Happy simple shrugs. "He's got a point, this is kinda illegal," he agrees with me.

"Happy."Stark rubs his eyes in exasperation.

"Yes sir?"

"Get out." Stark points out the door.

"What ever you say boss." Happy give a little salute and a smirk and leaves.

"Look kid," Stark addresses me.

"You know, I'm really tired of being called that," I interrupt.

"Nico," he amends, "or do you prefer Ghost King?"

"I would prefer being allowed to leave."

"Nico it is then." He casually walks over to one of the walls and presses a hidden button. A panel slides up to reveal a bar. "You know," he pauses to grab one of the glass bottles half full of liquor and pours himself a drink, "you're a hard person to track down."

"I wasn't aware you were looking." Not that I would let him find me if I did.

"Cap asked me to after you randomly dropped off the face of the Earth." Liar. There's no way that's the only reason I'm here. Though, if it is, then that means Stark might not be a clear sighted mortal like I though. Did the Mist not work on any of the Avengers. If S.H.I.E.L.D remembers me it could cause problems in the future. I'll have to worry about that later, right now I have to deal with this blockhead.

"Since when do you do favors for wanted criminals?" Yes I know about the Accords. I only live under a rock most of the time. The ice in his glass clinks as his grip tightens. Looks like I touched on a sore subject. "So what's the real reason I'm here?" I move on. "I'm not signing that stupid piece of paper."

He downs the rest of his drink in one gulp then sets it down with a thud. "How do you know Spider-Man?" He gets to the point so quickly I might think he doesn't want me mentioning the little civil war he had with Rogers a couple months ago. I'm guessing Spider-Man is the hero from earlier. The one that turned out being Parker under the mask.

"You mean Peter?" Stark's eyes widen a fraction of an inch. Just enough to show me that he's worried that I know that name. "I go to school with him."

"You go to school? Since when?" He really shouldn't be so surprised. I am fifteen after all.

"Yes," I tell him, slightly offended, "I started yesterday."

"And you're friends with Peter?" Now he's just being rude.

I roll my eyes. "Friends is a generous term, but it's not like I'm going to tell anyone his secret." I assume that will answer his next question. "Even if I did, who would believe me?" Stark opens his mouth, probably to defend his protégé. Then he quickly shuts it and shrugs in agreement.