Chapter 2: Kuro Plots

A few days later you woke up to the peaceful quiet of your apartment. Kuro stirred beside you, turning his blue eyes on you. You had noticed something strange over the time period he had been with you that he seemed to be very sentient. In fact, he seemed smarter than some people you knew.

"Good morning, Kuro," you muttered sleepily, reaching over to run your fingers through his fur.

Pleased that you were awake, Kuro stood up and stretched. He purred and rubbed his face on your hand before leaping off the bed and stalking out of the room. You knew he was making a beeline for the kitchen where he knew you would feed him. You were glad that you had asked Jumin about where to find the best cat food because Kuro sure enjoyed eating. You guessed that he hadn't eaten this good in a very long time. You were very happy to see that the cat's ribs were disappearing and his coat was beginning to look very glossy.

You rolled out of bed to feed Kuro and noticed you got another text from Unknown. The texts weren't that creepy of late but they were still sketchy considering you didn't know who this Unknown was. What was more sketchy than that was the fact that you had tried multiple times to block this number but it never worked.

'Hey, hope you have a good day. Mine is going to be pretty boring, to be honest.'

Well, that was interesting. That was the first time you had gotten some information from this Unknown about his life. Strangely, this made him seem less scary.

With a shrug, you texted back for the first time. 'Thanks. Hope it's not as boring as you seem to think it's going to be.'

Unknown replied with a blushing emoji before falling silent.

Feeling that, perhaps, Unknown wasn't as creepy he seemed in the beginning, you headed for the kitchen to feed Kuro and yourself. Kuro dug into the cat food that you poured into his bowl as you made yourself a traditional breakfast. You glanced out the window as you handed Kuro, who had finished his breakfast, some sausage from your plate. It looked very nice. The sun streamed down and, because it was morning, there weren't many people outside. You were very tempted to go outside despite the fact that Seven had told you, repeatedly, to stay inside.

Too bad you were too much of a rebel to listen to the red headed hacker.

You thought about everything, deciding that of you were going outside, you had to have some excuses for when Seven cornered you. It was nice outside and you were tired of being cooped up, even if you did have Kuro. There had been nothing strange in the recent past except for the texts and even those had been nicer. They didn't seem very scary anymore. You had finished setting up the party much sooner that anyone had expected so you wouldn't be shirking your work. With that, it was settled.

With a wicked grin, you turned to Kuro over the crumbs of your breakfast and said, "That's it. I'm going out. If Seven gets mad at me I'll just have to tell him that you put the idea in my head so it was your fault. Or, I'll tell him that you told me to do it and I couldn't find any reason to argue with you."

Kuro gave a small nod, an amused look in his eye. You quickly cleaned up the dishes, letting Kuro lick some of them, before you got dressed. Once suited up in black skinny jeans, a sarcastic t-shirt, and combat boots, you felt prepared to leave the apartment. You silence your phone so texts from Seven would not interrupt your play time.

You opened the front door after pulling on a gray hoodie and grabbing your wallet in case you wanted to get lunch later. Kuro followed you out through the door, waiting for you as you closed and locked it. You turned and the two of you walked down the street.

It was really a beautiful day. Cool enough to need a hoodie or jacket but warm enough to make it worth being outside. The only problem? You had no idea how you wanted to spend it.