Fires And Eavesdropping

Fire roars around me. My hair blows wildly dancing with the flames. My eyes shine a bright orange as they watch the blazing fire. A giant gust of air blazes past me and I can see the silhouette of a figure in the corner. Flashy.

A scream of terror fills my ears. I quickly turn around and see a little boy. His brown hair is splattered across his small, ash-covered face. I swiftly extinguish the fire around him and scoop him up in my arms. I glance around and notice a big window. I run to it and right before I jump out I turn around and give Flashy my signature smile. "See ya around, Flashy!" I yell as I sail out the window.

The child in my arms screams as the cool night air passes around us. I just roll my eyes and adjust my grip on him. "Hold on, kid!"

I feel the fire burn through my shoes as I slowly bring us to the ground. Once we reach the now scorched ground I carefully set him down. I kneel down to his level and brush some of the ash of his shoulders. "You good, little man?"

He nods his head and whimpers. I give him a reassuring smile and stand up. I start to walk away but I feel a tough on my coat. "Who are you," asks a small, muffled voice.

I tilt back my head and let out a chuckle. "Well, I'm no one of importance, but you can call me the Black Phoenix." And with that, I fly off leaving the young boy to be found by Flashy.

------

Taking a sip of mocha coffee I watch as 'Team Flash' converses at one of the tables here at Jitters. They seem to be talking about their top priority villain. Some scrotum face named DeVoe. I mean come on, he almost makes Dad look good. And that's saying a lot, I mean look at him!

Who could beat that?! Well, surely this dick bag tried!

Anywho, the little flash squad was not-so-quietly talking about Devoe

I sit in a chair, sunglasses on my face, listening in on their 'private' conversation.

"You guys should just focus on your wedding. We can come back on DeVoe after. Let's just have fun for once," says the scientist girl. I think her names Caitlin or something.

Ooo, I love weddings. I wonder if I'm invited?

No way in hell, they're inviting you, dipshit.

I pout and take a gulp of coffee. Wait if Caity was talking to little West does that mean that nerdy guy is Flashy?

Oh my God! You just figured that out now. Fucken Francis is smarter than you!

I let out a gasp of fake hurt causing some heads to turn towards me. "Now that was just uncalled for," I whisper harshly completely used to the strange looks.

I continued talking to my voice totally unaware of the figure looming over me. Well, that is until they clear their throat. My head snaps up and I soon smirk saying, "Why hello, Detective West. To what do I owe this pleasure."

A growl escapes from his throat as he says, "Cut the crap, Jay. What are you up to."

"I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about," I stand up shuffling around him, "now if you don't excuse me, I have some planes to make." I walk towards the door only to stop to turn around and give him a mock salute. "See ya around, Detective."

------time skip brought to you by Canadian syrup------

A sigh passes my lips as I lay down on my uncomfortable hotel bed. I wrap myself in covers and snuggle up next to my giant stuffed unicorn.

Ahh, this is the life.

I agree. Sprinkles is pretty nice.

No, you idiot! I meant relaxing for once. And leave Sprinkles out of this.

I pull the unicorn closer to my chest and a heavy sigh of comfort escapes my lips as I close my eyes.

"Good night Jr," I mutter to myself as I fall into the realm of dreams.

A/N: Sorry for not updating in a while. I'm going through a lot right now and I haven't been able to update any of my stories really. Well, have a good day and stay crazy.

~Maddy