Not so quiet day at the beach

I woke up and decided that I’d go to the beach, I know this small beach that’s always deserted and I love to go there and think. It’s one of my favorite places because no one ever bothers me there. I got up and got ready for the day, prefer to relax on weekends than to go to parties which are totally not my thing.

I will admit living in Santa Monica California does have its perks it’s called the golden coast for a reason. I grabbed a random apple and was out the door.

The walk to the main beach wasn’t long but the beach I liked to go was an half hour walk but it was worth it. I took out my phone and texted Sophie.

Hey bitch I’m at the beach if you wanna come? –A

Um… I can’t sorry I have an audition –S

The beach as always was quiet and relaxing… just how I like it. I sat on the towel that I had taken out and continued reading Romeo and Juliet.

                The book was amazing but I couldn’t believe that Juliet was so stupid after all what they had couldn’t possibly be love… love doesn’t exist. My reading came to an end when a someone sat beside me. Being the paranoid person I am I took out my army knife and pointed it in the person’s direction but when I looked at her I knew it was a mistake.

“I know I’m usually a bitch but isn’t this over doing it… after all murder is illegal.” Chelsea aka Anthony’s girlfriend said laughing NORMALLY she usually laughed like a squealing pig but here she was laughing like... dare i say it me.

“Meat is murder yet it still is legal… I’m sorry I thought you were a serial killer who raped girls at the beach.” I said looking at her bleached blonde hair, more like staring.

“Well, quiet places are usually where people get murdered. It’s okay A don’t worry about it.” My childhood best friend told me.

“You remember when we used to come here with Sophie and our parents?” I asked smiling at the memory.

“Yeah, everything was so simple back when we were  twelve and younger.” Chelsea said.

“What changed? I mean why did you start bleaching your hair and acting like a bitch?” I asked… it was a question that had always been in my mind since she had stopped talking to me.

“I found out that boys like fake girls.” She said looking at the floor.

“You did all this for boys? For Anthony? He’s an ass if he made you change who you really are… he doesn’t deserve you.”  I actually felt bad for her, I mean boys are not important to me now nor are relationships but she was always the one who wanted a prince charming and she gave up her friends her hair and her favorite foods just to be with someone that made me realize that what I had really was special and I let it slip away.

“Please Alexa enlighten me how boys throw themselves at you every day, have you even had a boyfriend?” She asked rudely.

                The minute she said that the memories came back and I stared at the ground refusing to show any hint of acknowledgement or hurt. I did have a boyfriend but he left me and everyone else he cared about. His name was Cody Roberts; he had this amazing blonde hair and hazel eyes that seemed to change color every time I saw him. Cody, he gave up on us… on life all together. He was my first and last love; he made me notice the cruel truth about death by killing himself. My dead ex-boyfriend is the reason I don’t believe in love. If he loved me why did he leave?

                I tried to keep the tears from coming out but Cody is my soft spot, he’s my weakness and I hate myself for that. And I broke down crying and crying like a stupid baby. I tried to rationalize why did he take all those aspirins and kill himself but I never really got it.

“He was supposed to love me.” I said hugging Chelsea whilst I cried.

“Tell me what happened.” She said hugging me as if I were a child.

                My wall came up again and the tears stopped I got out of Chelsea’s embrace and told her the story.

“I had a boyfriend since I was thirteen, it was early but I felt like I loved him. He liked everything I liked and was weird like me. It all went perfect and smooth sailing till six months ago when he killed himself and just left me a note saying where his journal was. I read it and it said how he planned to kill himself, how he struggled with depression yet I never noticed shit. He mentioned there a billion times that it was no one’s fault but why didn’t he trust him? I could have helped him but he didn’t want to be saved.” I finished the story and started packing my stuff, I hate feeling weak it makes me feel useless.

“Sorry Chelsea but I have to go.” I said putting everything in my bag.

“A; don’t shut me out, I’m here.” She said.

“You weren’t there when it happened nor was Sophie. I’m perfectly fine alone.” I turned around but she grabbed my arm.

“I know you Alexa Canning and I also know that you are lying!” She screamed. I tried to walk but she had a strong grip.

“You don’t know me; I have changed a lot in these past 3 years.” I screamed back glaring.

“Well then let me know you! Let’s go home and talk like we used to! You need a friend Alex whether you admit it or not.” And this time I gave in, Chelsea and I walked back to her place and got ready for a night full of video games and junk food. Maybe Chelsea hadn’t changed that much, maybe I let  betrayal clowd my judgement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

 A/N: If you could take the time to comment or at least vote I'd be very thankful. What is the point in continuing the story if nobody is reading it?

Thank you for reading,

Barbie210

************************************************************************************************************