Group Therapy

Chapter 1: Group therapy

“Mom I don’t need help, I’m perfectly fine.” I told my mother as calmly as I could which is VERY calm considering the circumstances.

                My mother just told me that I will be joining a group therapy because of the way I act, what is so wrong about death? Okay, I get it people want to believe they will live forever but they won’t, no one will and if someone gets to live forever they will end up committing suicide because they will run out of things to do. My mom thinks I’m depressed but I’m not, I just think the way everyone should. I don’t let silly things like love and trust cloud my mind.

“Yes you do and either way you are going.” She told me as she drove me to school.

                I can’t believe she did this I’m not crazy and that is what therapy is for… crazy people. I turned up the music and got lost in thought until we arrived at school.

“Remember I’m picking you up right after school for your therapy.” I nodded and closed the door quickly. I then walked to my locker and started getting my books.

“What’s wrong with you? You look mad… wait you always look mad.” Sophie said from beside me, she always pops out of nowhere I don’t know how.

“My mom is sending me to a crazy people’s reunion.” I said slamming the locker.

“Really? Well… you belong there.” She said.

                Sophie and I have a weird friendship we are brutally honest with each other and continuously insult one another… it’s tradition I guess

“Hahaha… funny, maybe you should join.” I said glaring.

“Maybe I will, then I will learn what really goes through your fucked up head.” Sophie said poking me in the head.

“My head is not fucked up… yours on the other hand...” I told her as we walked to History.

“At least I’m not being forced to go to a crazy people’s meeting.” I shoved her playfully.

“Yeah well… at least I don’t have a crazy illusion that one day I’ll be a famous actress.”

                We entered History and the conversation ended. In front of me sat The ‘God’ Anthony Brown he’s no good to me he just seems… like a poser. I mean no one can be that perfect… can they? He’s top of our class, captain of the basketball team, Honor student, class president and every girls dream. He’s been with the same girl for about two years now and she’s the most conceited and plastic person I’ve had the displeasure of meeting, but that’s a story for another time.

                School went by pretty uneventful and before I knew it I was on my way to my therapy session.

                I entered the room and saw that everyone was about my age other that the doctor, obviously. The seats were positioned in a circle, I just sat at the closest one and kept my head low.

                A couple of minutes later most of the seats were taken but I didn’t dare to look at anyone.

“Welcome, I see old faces and a new one. Please Miss Canning stand up.” I looked at the doctor and stood up.

“Tell us why you’re here.” He said and everyone started staring at me.

“Um… I don’t know I guess because my mother forced me.” I said but it came out more like a question.

“Okay then, please introduce yourself.” He said giving me a subtle glare.

“Well as the doctor mentioned I’m Alexa Canning and I’m 15 years old I like to see things as they are and that made my parents think I’m crazy so I ended up here.” I sat down and the real thing began. I don’t really know why they call this group therapy if all the doctor does is ask questions individually but everyone hears. He went around asking people how they were doing with their problems, some were suicidal, some had eating disorders, some self-harmed, some were addicted to drugs/ alcohol, and some had problems at homes while others (me) had no problems what-so-ever.

On the middle of the session someone burst through the door.

“Mr. Brown glad you could make it, please seat down.” The bitch doctor said in a sugar coated voice that made me want to strangle her.

“Sorry, I got hold up at school.” Oh God, I know that voice… it can’t be… I turned around and my worst fears came true, yep it was Anthony all right.

“Speaking of, how are things at home?” Dr. Prince asked.

“Good… dad is still drinking but things are better.” He said but then he saw me and his eyes widened.

“And your mom?” The unsympathetic bitch doctor asked.

“Still in the coma, they don’t know if she’ll make it.” He said and then sat down.

The rest of the hour was spent like this and I still hadn’t gotten the point of this stupid idiotic therapy.

“Time’s up… I hope to see you all next week.” The doctor said and I got up and dashed out of the disturbing office.

“Please… wait up!” Anthony screamed, I stopped and turned around.

“What?” I asked and glared at him.

“Could you please… not mention this to anyone?” He said looking at me with his caramel brown eyes.

“Who would I tell?” I said and then turned around to continue walking home

“So… why are you here?” The noisy idiot asked.

“None of your business now if you excuse me I have to go home, not all of us get good grades without trying.” I said turning around and jogging away from him.

“Okay then, see you next time…” The jerk-who-didn’t-know-my-name shouted.

“Alexa” I screamed over my shoulder as I continued the long walk back home.

A/N: Comment bellow& or vote for me to keep posting!