Chapter 28: One Bullet

Start from the beginning

Alistair:"You of all people should know too well. There will be collateral damage. Not every hostage situation has a happy ending. However, after I'm done. There won't be a need to choose between happy or bad." He stated before I rammed a metal rod into his chest. Alistair shot backwards as his pressurized air sharply leaked out and propelled him in the opposite direction.

Alistair:"Still in denial? No matter! I've already covered all my bases after taking you up here!" He cackled. I stared at him in confusion before I saw the computer screens all shutting off. Then only a single one remained notifying the self destruct sequence was underway.

Alistair:"Only you could stop me, (Y/n). And you lost your chance when you let me capture you. Once this satellite goes down, there's no overriding the launch sequence of every nuke on this planet!" He announced victoriously.

My eyes scanned for any trace of a lie, but I found absolutely none. This madman, mastermind, mass murderer had accomplished his goal. However, a part of me still hasn't given up. There had to be a way to stop this, but it wasn't here. I won't be able to stop it.

???:"(Y/n), do you read me?" I heard a static filled voice ring in my ear. I reached up to my earpiece and answered.

"Hello?" I uttered.

IQ:"This is Monika! I'm contacting you from the White Mask base!" She clarified. I remained still in shock.

IQ:"There's no time! Alistair has already destroyed the satellite that will allow any chance of disabling the nuclear warheads, but...." She trailed off after delivering the bad news. Hope began to creep back into my body.

IQ:"A Black Mask guy said he was sent the worm file from Dokkaebi and Echo that can stop this. However, you need to keep Alistair from making landfall." She said hurriedly, but one fact bothered me.

"Why must Alistair stay up here?" I questioned worriedly.

IQ:"That madman has the network chip that can undo everything we do. If he lands, there will be no fast enough response to stop him from restarting the launch sequence." She clarified. I looked over at Alistair. He sighed in annoyance before glaring at me.

Alistair:"Why do you and your friends have to make everything difficult?" He questioned before unsheathing his combat knife.

IQ:"(Y/n)! Promise me that you will-" I shut off the earpiece and assumed a fighting stance in mid air.

"It's in the job description."

A little while before...

(Third Person POV):

Bodies lied strewn everywhere. All of which belonged to the fallen White Masks. They met the ultimate fate to those that pledged to eliminate their very existence. Now those people were at the gate of death themselves. The person awaiting to kick them over to the other side, stood before them.

Kyle:"It's really cocky for me to ask this, but is that all you got?" He questioned in an amused tone to his opponents. Only three Black Masks remained standing before the super soldier.

Aegis, Lucifer, and Wasp stood in their fighting stances, awaiting a move from their opponent. While the three men were suffering from the effects stab, gunshot, and other physical wounds, Kyle remained unfazed.