Breathless

Broken plates lined the floor. The remnants of tonight's dinner stained the wall. And an angry man lay asleep on the couch. The girl knew his temper was bad but she's never seen it get out of hand like this before. She bent down slowly and picked up the pieces of the plate one by one, being careful not to cut herself. Once the pieces of the plate were in the trash she worked on scraping the food off the wall. The pieces of spaghetti fell into sink slowly with a loud splat. She turned her head quickly to make sure the man was still asleep and breathed a sigh of relief. After she got all the food off of the way she quietly made her way upstairs and into the bathroom. She closed the door behind her and looked at her face.

She tentatively touched the part of her cheek turning an ugly shade of purple and turned on the pipe. She wet a rag with cold water and wiped off the blood from her lip and used the rest of the water as a substitute ice pack for her cheek. She sighed replaying the night's events. Everything was going according to plan. Dinner was cooked and on the table before he came home. She was in his favorite pair of lingerie and seated at the table when he walked in. He shouldn't have been angry enough to hit her so hard when she simply asked him where the makeup stain on his shirt came from.

Her breathing increased when she heard heavy footsteps coming up the steps. The footsteps seemed to get louder as they came nearer to where she was. She closed her eyes tight as the door flung open and the man she thought she was in love with walked through the door.

"You know I only do this to you because I love you right? But you just make me so angry sometimes that I have to remind you how much it is I do love you. The next time you see something on me that you feel the need to question do yourself a favor and keep quiet unless you like feeling my fists." The man chuckled lowly and grabbed her chin. He turned her face to his roughly and shook her head. "Look at me when I talk to you. I wanna see what your eyes say while I impart my knowledge on you." He pulled her face towards his roughly and kissed her as hard as he could.

Lost in a world of her she kissed him back and wrapped her arms around his neck. She pulled him closer to her trying to close all gaps between them but stopped when she felt his hand tangling in her hair. She moaned loudly when she felt him bite the bruised part of her lip. She opened her eyes as the coppery tasted fell on her tongue and tried to pull away from him. The man grunted and pulled her head back her hair and glared at her.

"Did I say you can stop?" The man's glare hardened and he pulled sharply on her hair and smiled at himself when he say the tears at the corner of her eyes. "It's a shame your parents named you Grace. You're not getting any from me tonight bitch. Now on your knees. You have a job to do." With no second thought the man threw Grace onto the floor and unbuttoned his pants.

"Forgive me Evan. It won't happen again." Grace apologized and pulled his drawers down for him watching her meal for the night spring up in front of her. She busied herself with him and listened for any sounds of happiness he may make. If he was pleased with her he would return the favor and maybe allow her to sleep at the edge of the bed tonight. If she did a bad job there's no telling what he might do.

"That's it bitch. Just like that. Fuck you're such a slut." Grace sighed internally listening to the degrading word he called her.

Their relationship was not always like this. There was a time Evan truly loved Grace. They did all the normal stuff couples did but a while after he began to accuse her of cheating on him. When the first hit came Evan froze in his spot and stared at her in horror. He apologized and promised it would never happen again. He started kicking her and even threw a punch or two. Grace tried to run away from him but Evan nearly killed her when he eventually caught up to her on the street. Now she's trapped in this relationship with no way out and nobody to help her.

"Enough of that now. Get up on the counter." Grace rose to her feet and sat on the bathroom counter. Evan lined up with her and rammed his way in and began moving without making sure she was comfortable first. Maybe this was why she didn't have a problem staying with him. He was psychotic and tried to kill her but the sex was amazing. Evan pulled her head back and left multiple teeth marks on her neck and chest. If you looked good enough the random placement almost spelt his name. "Open wide bitch." He pulled out of her and emptied his load in her mouth. When he made sure she had swallowed every drop, he dipped his head and finished her off. "Now you get to sleep on the floor tonight. And you better not ask for a blanket."

Grace sighed and watched him walk into the their bedroom and heard the bed squeak. She hopped off of the counter and went to change into her night clothes when she received a fist to the back of her head. Black spots danced around her vision and she saw Evan standing over her with an extremely angry look on his face.

"Who the fuck did you let into my bed?!" Evan punched her again from her position on the floor and kicked her in the stomach. "I'm only gonna ask you one more time. Who the fuck was in our bed?!"

Grace tried to form a coherent sentence but the first hit she took had her head feeling like soup. She watched Evan sit on top of her and prepared for the barrage of punches. She noticed Evan frozen in his spot with his fist four inches away from her face. What was this? She looked around her and noticed her bathroom fading along with everything in it.

"That's no way for him to treat a lady especially one as beautiful as you my dear. A voice echoed around the room. A blue light surrounded Grace and the pain in her body dulled.

"Who are you?" Grace looked around her apartment and saw big shadow on the wall closest to the door. The shadow grew then dispersed leaving a man with black hair in it's place.

"I'm here to save you my dear. It's awful what you've been through these past few months. I'm sorry I couldn't come any sooner but I'm here now." Ophiuchus held out a hand in front of her and watched as she flinched away from him. "You don't need to be afraid. I won't harm you. Just take my hand and I can take you away from all of this. Take my hand Grace."

Grace hesitantly opened her eyes and looked at him again. Her eyes moved down to his outstretched hand. "How do I know you won't end up just like Evan?"

"Because my dear I could've helped him finish you off tonight but I didn't. I healed your wounds and I have a safe place you can stay. Won't you just take my hand." Ophiuchus smiled at Grace and bent down in front of her.

Grace stretched out a thin hand and loosely wrapped her fingers around his hand. Ophiuchus stood up and pulled her up with him. "Now my dear just close your eyes and feel my beating heart." Ophiuchus looked down and found her head resting on his chest and felt her arms gripping his coat tightly. He chuckled softly and disappeared into the shadows with her.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hello good people of this world. Tari is back with another request. That 2 in a short time period and I'm already working on the next chapter now. So stay tuned. But until then remember to vote and comment. And let me k ow what you think of this story so far. This is probably my best story ever so thank you all for reading.