Coming

Hello!

This is the first chapter in this sequel to "Goodbye"!

I hope you like it! Keep up the votes and comments :)

-GLC4ever6

Chapter 1: Coming

Amy POV:

About 9 months have passed since Teddy and PJ left Denver.

9 months since I became a Blankenhooper once again.

I'm 9 months pregnant with my sixth child.

I really hate the number nine. Whenever I think of it, all these vain thoughts about reality just pop right in my head.

I moved out of our old Duncan home, right after Bob did. I gained custody of all my children and we're all now living in a small apartment. Since I'm on maternity leave, I hardly have any money to sustain the three children I have living with me now.

But, thankfully, Gabe has been stepping up responsibility-wise since I'm clearly not in the condition to wash laundry or even take Charlie and Toby to school and pre-school. Gabe, Charlie and Toby all now know how to take the bus to wherever they want to go, with my permission of course.

School's out already so, I sent Gabe out on a small summer job in the mall. In five months, he'll be turning 16 years old. I shuddered at that thought.

I hate it that all my kids are, someday, gonna reach that stage where I'll hardly even be seeing them. Two of them already did.

But, my Momma Bird Nest keeps on filling up unexpectedly. I stared at my pregnant tummy and huffed.

"Mom, you want something?" Gabe asked, slowly walking into my room.

"No, no. I'm fine. Could you fix something up for Charlie and Toby?"

"I haven't seen you eat all day." he mumbled with a frown.

"Don't worry about me, just serve your brother and sister," I replied with a forced smile.

He hesitated, then exited the room with a deep huff.

I hope he doesn't wreck the kitchen. The last time he tried to make something, the toaster was set on fire. And he was making a simple grilled cheese sandwich for Charlie.

He is my son, though, so the pieces fit together perfectly.

These months have been quite slow. I feel like my life is in black and white now. No thrills, just a simple feeling of dullness.

I sat in my bed, resting, until I felt a very familiar feeling.

My heart started thumping so loud, I was afraid Gabe could hear it from downstairs and come rushing up to my room. A wave of worry clouded my brain.

"Gabe!" I screeched. I began panting and I felt beads of sweat trickle from my forehead.

My sixth baby is coming and I have no way of getting to the hospital in time.

As soon as I called my son's name in an awful voice, I head loud steps coming up the stairs. Out of no where, my room door flung open revealing the face of Gabe.

His eyes looked like they were popping out of his head and his mouth dropped. He couldn't manage any words for a few seconds, but then he said, "I knew this would happen."

"What do you mean? This happens to every single pregnant woman!" I howled, still panting.

"No, I mean I knew this day would come and you'll have no one to-" I cut him off.

"Find a way to get me to the hospital!"

"I-I don't know!" he started. We both heard Charlie and Toby's voices from downstairs and it seemed like they got into an argument.

I looked back at Gabe and his expression was filled with anxiety. He sat down on my bed, near my feet and asked, quietly, "What do I do, Mom?"

I was thinking for a moment and felt another contraction. This baby has to get out. Then, I mentioned the craziest idea to him. "Drive me."

His once worried expression changed to disbelief. He stood up abruptly. "You're kidding right?"

I gave him my most honest and confident expression I could at a moment like this.

"No, Mom. I don't want to get arrested before I even finish high school. I have no idea how to drive...I'll most probably kill us both!" he shrieked, the pace of his voice picking up.

"Then do you want to deliver a baby?" I questioned.

"I don't know how to do that either, and I'm definitely not ready to learn!" he yelled.

I tried my best to place him in a crossroad. Every inch of me hoped he would say yes to driving me to the hospital. Even though a little voice inside was saying not to and try something else.

"Wait... I have an idea!" he lit up like a lightbulb. He grabbed his cellphone out of his pocket and dialled a number.

"Hi, is this the Denver Hospital?" he waited for a reply then explained, "This is Gabe Duncan and my mom has just gone into labour and there's no one home to drive her to the hospital."

"Can anyone come ASAP?" he asked, then a wave of relief was shown on his face and he hung up with a simple, "Thank You. Goodbye."

For the first time in the past few minutes, he smiled and I did the same back. I gestured for him to come in for a hug, which he did.

Then I got another contraction and he jerked up. "Do you want me to stay here or wait by the front door?" he asked.

"I'll be fine, just go by the door." Suddenly, we heard ambulance sirens sounding from outside my room window. Surely, they were here.

He rushed downstairs to open the door.

I braced myself for the next few minutes, when I'd be howling and screaming.

Get ready number six.