Six

I saw you again, Hyungwon.

You were as handsome as ever, with your arm around the shoulders of someone I don't know. You were smiling like I haven't seen you smile for a long time. Is that what you were talking about when we broke up?

"You're not happy, Hoseok," at that moment, I thought you were going to cry. "You remind me this every day, without even noticing. I see how you try to distance yourself sometimes. I notice how disappointed you are, always hoping that I will reach expectations that I won't be able to attain. And I found out that I don't want to. You've been the best person for me for the past eight years, but you can't save me, Wonho. Only I can. And you must save yourself too. "

I wanted to be the person who would save you, Hyungwon. That's all I ever wanted. I wished to be the person I didn't have around. I wanted to be the present companion that my father never was, and I wanted you to live up to my wishes.

It was my fault?

Did I break what we had? Maybe if I had gone over all my wishes to make you happy, we would still be together.

But you insisted so much on saying it was not my fault.

"No one is guilty, love. It's only that time passed for us both."

And I wanted time to be counted by that broken clock, where the pointers didn't walk so I didn't have to lose you. But you were so happy hugged to another body, living a life that I'm not a part of, and I wonder if this pain is because I miss us.

"It must be," Minhyuk says, as I daydream about it on the coffee shop. "But I don't think you miss him."

"Then what would it be?"

"You miss what you had. It was a long time and a very long experience"

"Eight years played out without mercy," I whisper.

"That's too cowardly of you," I look at him, confused and surprised. "It's been eight years with someone you loved and who loved you back. The fifteen-year-old Hoseok wouldn't have become the man you are today if you haven't passed through it".

"And what type of man am I today?" I laugh, incredulous.

"A handsome, dedicated and generous one. You have a baby-sensitive heart and that's hard to find. You are rare, Wonho. You're selfless. And should keep your path with more fondness in your memory."

He smiles again as he sinks his lips into the whipped cream and I watch the tip of his nose get dirty. I have no words to answer, so I don't.

But Minhyuk seems to be always giving me something to think about.