¤ 1 ¤

"Today we have a new student."

My head immediately perked up from my nap at the teacher's words. Straightening myself from my slouched position, I looked to the front of the room as a boy entered.

"Hello, my name is Hwang Hyunjin. It's nice to meet you," he said, giving a squinty eyed smile.

My first thought was, damn- he cute. Because really, anyone with eyes would definitely think so too. The teacher signaled him to choose a seat, as he walked by trying to find an empty spot I frantically began waving at him.

"Hey! Hey new guy! Sit next to me!" I said, pointing to the empty chair beside me. Hyunjin glanced at me, gave a killer smile, and moved to the back of the room in the farthest seat away from me. Ouch, that was a real hit to my pride. I shrugged off his rejection of my very wholesome and generous offer and dozed off the rest of class, not giving the new guy another thought.

When class ended, I quickly met up with my friend, Felix, since we always walk to second period together.

"Do you know what happened to me just now during history?" Yes, I really am about to go on a whole tangent about the event.

"Oh heavens, what happened?" Felix sarcastically answered. He's become accustomed to my unnecessary rants at this point.

"Well we got this new student, and me, being the nice person I am, offered him a seat next to me. And you know what he did next?" Felix playfully rolled his eyes, waiting for me to continue, "He just completely ignored me! Can you believe that? I swear if I have another class with him, I will get to sit next to him just to make him pay for that."

"Yeah, you do that," Felix pumped his fist in the air, faking enthusiasm.

I gave him a look and ducked into my science class. Right as I walked in, I saw Hyunjin talking with a small group of people. I could tell he's the type of person that could easily make his way up the social popularity ranking. I quickly approached him and pointed an accusing finger at him, "Don't think I forgot about your rudeness earlier, newbie. You've been warned, you haven't seen the last of me," I said dramatically. With that, I scurried over to my desk in time for the teacher to take attendance.

Most people would probably be confused as to why I'm trying so hard to sit with this random new kid, and to be honest, I don't really know either. I've just always had a tendency to want to greet new students, hoping they'd feel more welcome or break out of their shell. I was even the first person who talked to Felix when he moved here from australia, and we immediately clicked. Of course, I don't become best friends with all newbies, but at least I try.

"Today we'll be watching a documentary about the discovery of-" blah blah blah, I tuned out the teacher and spotted Hyunjin sitting near the front of the room. Lucky for me, there was an empty seat next to him too. With a goal in mind, I slipped under my table and got on all fours.

"What are you doing?" My table mate, Hayoon, whispered to me in concern.

"Never fear, for I have a plan," I winked at her and began army crawling to the front of the room.

Somehow, I managed to crawl under Hyunjin's table without anyone noticing me. The idea now was for me to speedily and smoothly slide into the seat next to him. Like I said, that was the idea. Unfortunately, things never really work out for me.

Expeditiously hopping out from under the table, I never managed to make it to the chair because as I was lifting my head up, I slightly miscalculated where my current location was.

BANG!
"OW! FUCK!!" I screamed out loud, clutching the top of my head in pain. I saw Hyunjin literally jump in his seat from the sudden noise, then look at me crouched on the the floor wide-eyed.

Yikes, I thought. This is embarrassing.

"Ms. Moon Aeri what do you think you're doing?! Step out in the hallway now." The teacher told me sternly, clearly not pleased with my outburst and the fact that I cussed out loud.

As I crawled out from the table in defeat, I glanced at Hyunjin only to see him holding his hands over his mouth, trying not to laugh.

I really didn't know if I should be angry, embarrassed, or laughing as well. I smiled at him sheepishly and stepped outside.

I may have completely humiliated myself there, but at least I could say that I successfully caught the attention of a cute new guy at school.

Actually, Hwang Hyunjin probably thinks I'm a total freak now. I guess I'm going to have to find a way to change that...

___

YIKES. I haven't written a fanfic in so long... even if this story sucks I at least wanna finish one day. For those of you reading this, I'm sorry for the horribleness that is my writing.