3. As they met

The sun rose to a hectic morning at the Basu house. Mohini was on top of her nerves, as the Sharma's were coming in for dinner. She wasnt at all happy with the group Moloy chose for catering and preparations. Thus she wanted to observe each move of the servants. Her stressful mind calmed down in a blink, as she saw her baby boy, descending down the stairs.

"Onu! Ah, my baby.." Mohini strode towards her son and gently kissed on his forehead. "Good morning, Mom." Anurag greeted his mother, heart warmed by her gesture. "How much of work will you do? Just take some rest, Mom." Anurag wrapped a hand around his mother's shoulder and dragged her to a couch.

"Onu! I cannot sit. You know that Dad's friends are arriving for lunch. I have so much work!" Mohini tried to get up. "Lunch?! I thought it was a dinner?" Said Anurag, confused with the plan. He surely saw Mohini rolling her eyes. "Your father wanted them to spend more time here. So they'll come by lunch, and will stay over until dinner." She left a huge sigh, in frustration. "So please, have your breakfast and choose something to wear okay? And please, do me a favor and do the same for Anupam as well. I dont want him to mess around in front of the Royals." Anurag just gave a nod. Sometimes he doesn't understand how his Mother manages to get stress over everything. He shook his head to clear his mind and walked to the kitchen to grab a coffee. He was in no mood to have a full breakfast, cuz his stomach was giving him rumbles since he woke up. As if, something big was going to happen. Something, is going to change his life.

*ring*. A bell rang by Rajesh was enough for the servant at the door to enter in the same instant. "Is the car ready? And please check if Priyu is done. Escort Shekar and wife in a separate car, and Priyu in another. That's the Rajkot traditions." Rajesh instructed the servant in one breath, yet very calmly. Only to receive a nod in return from the servant, who headed to command his Master's wish immediately.

Prerna put the last piercing on her left year and straightened herself. She gave one last look and breath a sigh of relief. Her figure was perfectly seen in a beautiful Pakistani dress, which was navy blue in colour, adorned with a pattern of silver foil. She carefully draped a matching red dupatta, and pinned it securely.
A knock on the door and the butler entered. "We're ready for you, Your Highness." He bowed and informed. Prerna gave a nod and let him escort her to the portico, and got in to the car ready for her.

Anurag stood at the balcony outside his room, which overlooked at their grand living area downstairs. It was grandly decorated with a combination of glass and pastel florals. As the front door opened, he saw his parents hurrying to welcome the guests. Anurag quickly descending the stairs to join them.

"Ah!" Was Moloy's response as soon as Rajesh and Veena appeared at the door. He quickly tried to bow down, only to be held by Rajesh. "What are you doing! I swear I'll—." Rajesh quickly straightened his friend to his feet. Both the men laughed and hugged each other to death! Teary eyes they were, their pure friendship portrayed even in the smallest gesture. Veena gave a warm smile, however, Mohini was all busy checking out Veena, who seemed more simply dressed, than she anticipated. Mohini thought as Royals, they will be wearing most expensive designer dresses with heavy jewelry. But rather both Veena and Suman, were simply dressed, with minimal accessories.

"Namasté." Mohini's trance broke as Veena greeted her. She quickly controlled herself and forced a smile, and greeted her back. Rajesh introduced Suman and his daughter-in-law. "Oh. I thought she was Prerna, haha! Where is she?" Moloy asked, searching through.
"Hehe. Priyu is on her way, her car must be near now." Rajesh explained. Just then, a girl appeared behind the family, with the warmest smile.

"Aha! There you are!" Moloy could not help himself from saying. Prerna greeted him and gave a little hug, as taking blessings were not allowed for a Royal. She has vivid memories of Moloy from her childhood. He was one of her favorites, so Prerna didnt wanted to make him feel lesser.