The wind

Anurag Basu pulled into the driveway of his college. The sharp brown eyes searched for a slot in the parking area. He can already see the mischievous eyes of a squad of girls on him, as they stood at the entrance of the college. He let out a deep sigh and drove towards the parking.

Taking out the keys, he jumped out of the car. A chill ran down his spine immediately, as if an unknown wind kissed his soul.

Shaking off his thoughts, Anurag checked the time. He had a few more minutes to make it to class, so he hurried to the gate.

Much for his weird daily routine, the girls who chased him back and forth, stood at corners whispering to each other. Their definitely werent on him, but on...
Anurag's eyes then darted on to a girl, who stood at the middle of a crowd of guys. They strode around her in a circle, and she stood there, hugging her hands to her chest. The thin, ghost white and beautiful figure, was unfamiliar to him. He have never seen her around.
Their eyes suddenly met, for a glimpse and the emotions in her eyes sank his heart. Anurag knows how exactly it feels to be chased by the opposite gender. And her face surely says that she was new to the college.

Anurag did not waste even a split second. He ran towards the crowd as fast as his legs would take him.
"Whats wrong with you all?! Give way to the girl!" He smacked on the back of one of the guys, careful not to hurt him. A few of the turned around to his voice.
"Anu! Hey!" Evan saw his close friend and hurried to him.
"Ask them to leave her alone! Is this a way.." Anurag repeated his concern, rage clear in his tone. Even Evan was taken aback for some time, but quickly nodded and headed to control the crowd.

As the crowd paved their way, the girl hurried to walk away. She almost ran, trying to escape from the scene. As she passed Anurag, she gave her a thankful smile, though her big hazel eyes still signaled how scared she was. Anurag could not return a smile as she was too quick, but a piece of red cloth then covered his face. Anurag quickly shook it off and turned around, only to find the girl standing in front of him, with a hell nervous face.

"I'm s-sorry. The wind.." she stammered as she tried to explain herself. Anurag held a hand and gave a warm smile. "It's alright."

She nodded and carefully draped the blood red scarf around her neck. It was already the cold chill days to he City of Kolkata. Anurag found the scarf really matching to her long grey cardigan which she was wearing outside a white striped tshirt. Her creme colored  pants and white casual shoes, all were matched and so was the red knitted hat on her hair.

"Ma'am!" Anurag's trance was broken by two men who came rushing towards the girl. She quickly straightened herself.
"Ma'am! At this rate we cannot leave you alone in the college premises!" One of them expressed their concern.
"Ah, it's alright Jonathan. I'll be fine. You can please leave or stay somewhere nearby. I'll definitely give you a call if anything." The girl refused quickly.
"But Ma'am. If anything happens to you, we will be questioned be Her Majesty!" With this line, Anurag's mind darted with more questions.
"No you wont be. I'll be fine. Just.. please." She pleaded again. The two men, dressed in security attire then bowed to her and left the premises. The girl then took a deep breath, and checked out what seemed to be a map on her hands. "Where can this Room 7North be.." the girl spoke to herself.

Anurag was just about to walk to her, that he was surrounded by the usual gang of love sick girls, with huuge bouquet of flowers for him. He felt the girl's gaze on him. Embarrassed would be a lighter word to describe how he felt at that moment. Anurag saw a tinge of smile on her lips, as she turned around and walked away.