1.5

noelle: i just landed!!!

emma: wow i just screamed

emma: running a bit late but ill be there soon

A million thoughts stampeded through my mind and my eyes scanned the crowd of people despite Emma obviously not going to be one of them. The vibe of Los Angeles was so different to the vibe of hot and humid Houstan Texas. However it was a vibe I could definitely get used to.

I collected all my baggage in the matter of minutes, and looking at all my bags I had definitely over packed. 

I still couldn't believe the fact that my father actually allowed me to get on a plane and fly on my own to LA, especially to stay with a person I met over the internet. Sure, it wasn't like I was getting catfished and will be kidnapped and hog-tied in the back of a minivan, because our late night facetime calls was pretty solid evidence Emma was really Emma, but I was still surprised.

After my mum left, it had always been me, my dad and my siblings. Me and my dad had always been close, from the moment I learned how to walk I would follow him wherever he went. Nothing has ever really came between us, really. But now I was miles away from him, and of course he reminded me he was only a phone call away, but hearing his voice through a phone doesn't compare to him actually being here.

I waited beside a large potted plant for Emma. I was constantly looking left and right, trying to spot her bun above the crowd of several dozen heads. I nervously tapped my foot on the tile floor, picking at my nail beds. Its always been a habit of mine whenever I get nervous, I've been doing it since I was young.

"Noah!" a familiar voice called out to me.

I snapped my head to my right, and grinned. I catch sight of Emma, her vlogging camera in hand. Emma seems to have me in her sight, too. When our eyes manage to meet from a few meters away, I instantly ditch my luggage and we start sprinting over to each other like its a dramatic scene in a movie. If only it was pouring rain, and we run to each other and hug topping it off with a over-the-top kiss. 

Our bodies collide, and we engulf each other into a bear hug. This sends as both toppling to the ground, but we still hold on. We were just a heap on the floor, clinging onto each other for dear life and laughing like maniacs.

"Oh my god it's so weird to actually be able to touch you!" Emma squealed, holding onto my hands as we help each other off the ground. "You're so much prettier in person!"

"Wow, thanks Emma." I sarcastically replied, rolling my eyes.

"You're welcome." she grinned in response.

"It's so crazy seeing you in real life." I mumbled, pulling her into a tight hug.

Emma makes a sound of agreement, and we start to gather my luggage. She swings my carry on bag over her shoulder and I grab my two suitcases.

"Ready to go, Noah?" Emma asks me, and I nod,

"I'm so ready."

"Great, lets go back to mine then I was thinking we can go out to meet my other friends."

"Sounds great." I smile, and we interlock arms as we start weaving ourselves through the crowded airport.

I noticed she called my Noah. It must be stuck with her now. I used to cringe whenever I heard people use that nickname, reminding me of how my mother just ran off to God knows where, but when Emma uses it it's different. I liked the way it sounded when she said it, how the nickname just rolls off her tongue. 

I smile fondly at her, but she doesn't seem to notice. She's too focused on trying not to bump into anyone. But will she ever notice me in a different way then just platonic? I want to tell her, I do. I want to tell her that maybe, just maybe, the reason I broke up with Sam has a much bigger reason then what I told her.

However I bite my tongue, like I always do.

-

-

-

OKAY I AM SO SO SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG! Basically i was taking a break until new years just to evaluate and plan out some future chapters, also some future books but shhh, and i didn't realise how long its been. I've been super busy this week but i spat out this quick shitty chapter so sorry. next chapter will try and be better. nyr: become a better writer.

ALSO 2K READS!!! YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!!

wc: 794

pd: 5/01/2019 11:46pm