Chapter 1

Fourth of July

Lexi's POV:

I just finished getting ready for my aunts huge party today. I looked in the mirror and was satisfied with what I saw. I was wearing short denim overalls, with a red crop top underneath, and white vans. My hair was pin straight and reached all the way down to my lower back, which I was happy about. I looked really tan since it was summer, and my brown hair turned into a light brown from the sun. I added some jewelry, sprayed myself with perfume, and grabbed my phone before looking in the mirror at myself one last time before I sprinted downstairs to the party.

I slid the door open to my aunts amazing back yard. This houses here in Florida were amazing, nothing compared to my house in New Jersey. My aunt had a pool, hot tub, volleyball net, and a patio with a bar. It was the best backyard I've ever seen. People started walking in and greeted me with the usual, "You've green so much since the last time I saw you", or "Do you remember me?", and me being me, I has no clue who any of these people were. My mom and dad weren't even here with me, I flew here by myself because of their jobs. About an hour into the party I was bored so i decided to go upstairs into my room.

I was scrolling through twitter while I heard knocking on my door. I jumped up and walked to go open it. I figured it was my aunt so I opened it a little and I simply said, "What do I need to help with?". Then I heard a voice I've never heard before. It was deep too.

"Oh I'm sorry I was just looking for the bathroom," he said.

"It's fine I thought you were my aunt" I smiled. "The bathroom is across the hall and two doors down."

"Thanks, I'm Grayson by the way," he answered and then walked out.

Wow. He was cute. No he wasn't cute, he was hot. And he was tall. I was only 5'5", and he has to be around 6 foot maybe. I wonder how my aunt knows him, I should really ask her about him. I thought.

Grayson's POV:

I opened the door to my neighbors house and tried to find my way to the bathroom. I found the one downstairs and saw that someone was already in it. I then turned around to the stairs and headed up them.

I came across the first door and knocked on it to see what it was. A girl opened the door and she didn't open it all the way at first.

"Oh I'm sorry I was just looking for the bathroom," I said through the little opening in the doorway.

"Its fine I thought you were my aunt," she smiled. "The bathroom is across the hall and two doors down." Wow she was beatuiful. How come I've never seen her before? I thought.

"Thanks, I'm Grayson by the way," I answered and walked out.

I really need to ask my mom who that girl is later.