03

--✾--

--✾--

"please tell me you're going tonight." hyerin pouted as she grabbed her best friend's hands. taehee looked at her pleading expression and to chanhee who was watching the scene unravel in front of him.

"why wouldn't she go?" chanhee asked hyerin confused. why wouldn't she go to her best friend's party? taehee sighed and turned her gaze to the enormous window beside her. her eyes followed a couple who was walking in the park next to the coffee shop they were in. they looked happy, holding hands and sharing cotton candy which they probably bought to some vendor who was in the park.

"she said she won't feel comfortable with minho there." hyerin explained breaking taehee's gaze from the couple. "and of course, I can't just kick my own brother of my birthday party."

"it has been months, taehee. you have to let it go." chanhee started. "you can't miss your best friend's birthday just because her brother was a complete asshole with you." she nodded and looked down to her lap, playing with the zipper of her purse. "and besides, you could bring jaehyun and show him you moved on, right?"

"yes, you're right." she lifted her gaze to her best friends. "hyerin, count me in."

(...)

minho closed the car door and ran to the side of the passenger seat to open the door to his girlfriend who patiently waited for him to do so. he held out a hand so she could support herself while standing up in her tall high heels. she whispered a thank you and kept walking to the front door of his sister's house, leaving him behind to close the door. minho locked the car and quickly joined the girl.

after taehee left him and kicked him out of the apartment, minho only had one place to go. his sister didn't have any room for him in her and her boyfriend's house besides the couch so he decided to text bora and she gladly left him move there.

but he didn't think he could be this unhappy.

bora kept bossing him around, tell him to do this and that, drive her somewhere. she always would ask him for expensive gifts and he stupidly would buy them.

the door opened revealing a smiley woojin. "welcome, welcome." he stepped aside, allowing the couple to enter the room. "hyerin is in the living room."

minho thanked woojin and made his way to the living room looking for his sister. he looked around the room, noticing every single person that stood there happily talking with each other. some were hyerin's friends from high school, others were coworkers and the rest was family. hyerin sat down comfortably on the couch chatting away with no other than taehee. minho noticed that she had changed since the last time he'd seen her. her hair was now short and was painted in a lighter brown. her cropped green sweater matched perfectly with her tan skin tone, enhancing it and the cream high heels and black skinny jeans completed the look. she laughed at something hyerin had said and minho couldn't help to realize how beautiful she's gotten. another thing he noticed was the guy next to her. his hand on her knee as he stared at her lovingly.