VI · Wedding Album

VI · Wedding Album

I loved you long before
I had the guts to let you know.

Wedding of Prince Eric and Princess Angie

The wedding of Prince Eric, Duke Of Jämtland, and the British-born Princess Angie of Wales took place in Stockholm on 15 June 2020.

Prince Eric is the first son and second oldest child of King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden. As such, he is currently fourth in the line of succession to the throne.

Eric subsequently moved to London, where he met the British-born Princess Angie of Wales. The first time they appeared in public as a couple was in March 2010. Their engagement was announced on 25 June 2019. The wedding was both publicly financed and paid by for by the Queen of England and King of Sweden (who did not reveal how much he paid). The wedding cost an estimated 3 million kronor.

On 15 May the banns were read in the Royal Chapelof Stockholm Palace. On the same day the court announced that after the wedding, Her Royal Highness Princess Angie of Wales would be styled as Her Royal Highness Princess Angie of Sweden, Duchess of Jämtland.

Hours before the wedding, Princess Angie's grandmother Queen Elizabeth II conferred on Prince Eric the title Duke of Clarence. In addition to the Dukedom, the titles Earl of Ross and Baron Essex were also conferred on him on the morning of his wedding.

Their official title are Prince Eric and Princess Angie of Sweden, Duke and Duchess of Jämtland and Clarence.

The festivities began on Friday, 14 June, with a private dinner for invited guests on the island of Skeppsholmen.

The ceremony was held at the Royal Palace chapel in Stockholm on 15 June 2020. Lars-Göran Lönnermark, Chief Court Chaplain of the Royal Court and Bishop Emeritus of Skara, and Michael Bjerkhagen, Vicar of the Royal Court, conducted the ceremony. BBC, TLC, SVT, TV4 and TV4 News broadcast the wedding live throughout the entire day for American, British and Swedish viewers. Angie wore a wedding dress designed by British fashion designer Alexander McQueen. Lady Kitty Spencer served as maid of honour while Prince Carl Philip served as best man. The bride and groom's nieces and nephews served as bridesmaids and pageboys. Angie was escorted halfway down the aisle by her father the Prince of Wales. She and Eric walked together for the other half. At the left of the altar sat the crown of Prince Karl XIII, the same crown that was present at the baptismal font at Prince Eric's christening.

After the wedding, the bride and groom rode a horse and carriage, leading a cortège from Stockholm Palace along its outer courtyard, through the streets of Slottsbacken, Skeppsbron, Slottskajen, Norrbro, Regeringsgatan, Hamngatan, Nybroplan, Nybrokajen, Hovslagargatan, Södra Blasieholmshamnen, Strömbron and finally arriving at the Logården of the Royal Palace. The Armed Forces paraded along the procession route and after arriving at Logården, they gave the couple a 21-gun salute. On the balcony of the palace, Angie and Eric gave a short speech to the assembled crowd of well-wishers, asserting that "Sweden is a happy country." The King then "led the crowd in a traditional Swedish 'four cheers' for the couple."

The festivities continued with dinner in the White Sea Ballroom of Stockholm Palace and dancing in Karl XI's Gallery. Fredrik Eriksson, Mathias Dahlgren, Mark Aujalay, Henrik Norström and Mattias Ljungberg were responsible for the wedding dinner. At the wedding banquet, King Carl Gustaf welcomed guests and toasted the couple.

During the wedding banquet, Princess Angie changed into a second dress by Alexander McQueen and wore a flower crown.

The wedding cake made of red velvet cake and covered in vanilla fondant, and measured in at four feet tall with nine tiers.