09 | Pizza

WHEN NYLA PASSED by Hyeon's desk, the women gave her a tentative smile.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to yell at you," she said with a minuscule smile. "Thank you for the other day, I needed it."

Hyeon nodded once. "Well, if your ready to work, George is waiting in your office for you."

"This early?"

Hyeon pushed the bridge of her glasses closer to her face. "He's been waiting since the office opened."

Nyla sighed before stepping into her office. George had already made himself comfortable and was sitting on the desk across from her seat on his phone.

"Good morning George."

George put away his phone at the sound of her voice. "Morning. Hope you're feeling better today."

Nyla merely raised an eyebrow.

"You had food poisoning?"

Nyla blinked once before recovering. She realized that was the story Hyeon must have told the other office members. "Yes, I spent most of the day in the bathroom, it was quite bad."

"What's worse is that the board members have been asking why you have been seen around Marcus Reed the past week."

Nyla took a seat at her desk. "Do they have someone tracking my movements?"

George sighed. "No, probably not but Nyla you don't need be to tell you had you can't piss them off. Going to Reed behind their back is doing exactly that."

Nyla booted up her laptop. "Well you can inform them that they have nothing to worry about—since Marcus declined any offer I was making."

George looked surprise at her proclamation. "Really, why?"

"Thought it was too risky of an investment."

"So, you're giving up on that project now?"

Nyla shook her head. "No, I have someone else who's interested in partnering up with us for project."

"Who?"

Nyla knew he wouldn't be happy with her answer, so she didn't give him a straight one. "It's not a done deal yet so I rather not say."

George didn't look very happy at her words.

"Since you're here, could you make sure that the expansion plans are on my desk by this afternoon? I'll be flying out in a couple of days, so I want to take a look at the location before making an offer."

George nodded. "They will be on your desk by three o'clock."

Nyla gave him a smile as he walked towards the exit. "Thank you."

He smiled back before shutting her door. Nyla picked up the phone and dialed Hyeon.

"Get me Darius Giordano as soon as you can."

"I'll get right on it." Hyeon replied.

Putting the phone down, Nyla smiled to herself. Her head felt much clearer than yesterday. She had a plan, and now all she had to do was execute it.

♠♠♠♠♠♠

Her phone rang, and she picked it up, "Nyla Malhotra, how may I help you?"

Darius laughed on the other line. "You really do have your customer service skills down, don't you?"

"Darius," she said in surprise. "Why are you calling me right now? I thought I sent over all the plans for the carnival."