Bom was holding a broom, the very large one we have, and was about to smack it down on Sanghyun’s head, who was trying hard to protect his head with both of his hands. Durami was in the middle, but not in Bom’s way, her arm thrown in the air and her mouth ajar.

“What’s for breakfast?” Jiyong grinned widely.

“Pancakes and bacon, dear.” My mother answered, magically appearing down the stairs and entered the living room.

Jiyong started to stuff everything inside his mouth, making it harder for me to know if he’s swallowing or there’s a big hole inside his mouth. My mother looked obviously proud of him, because none of her children ever eat that big on breakfast.

“You can take more if you want, dear.” My mother said, amused and sliced a small part of her pancake before putting it inside his mouth. Jiyong swallowed everything in his mouth at once, making all of us astonished and answered, “Thanks, Omma!”

I glared at him, but he just answered, “What?” and continued on eating.

“I’m finished.” I announced, pushing my plate away from me. I barely touched my food, managing only a few slices, but I felt full because I drank two cups of tea. Jiyong turned to me, and swallowed the food in his mouth again in one go.

“I don’t like forcing you to eat because you never listen.” He said, bemused and dismayed. “But if there’s a surgery where you donate your own appetite to another person, I would likely to donate mine to you.”

My mother giggled, just loud enough for only me to hear and commented, “That’s so sweet, dear.”

“Hey!” Bom shouted, her mouth half-full and quickly, she swallowed down her food. She stood up, slammed her hands on the table, which my mother is not clearly amused of and leaned forward to Jiyong. “I should be the one donating my appetite to Dara! I’m her best friend! I love her the most!”

“I don’t approve. Once she gets your appetite, she’ll get fat and eat without limits.” Jiyong answered back, and emptied his plate, looking so badass and protective at the same time.  Durami laughed, and raised the pig display we have near Bom, mocking her secretly. I sighed.

Bom gritted her teeth audibly, and shouted, “Yah! I don’t care if you mock my appetite or what, but I’m standing here in front of you—“

“It’s more like leaning forward in front of you.” Jiyong cut her off, chuckling.

Bom shrugged him off, and continued as if he didn’t speak, “I should be the one protecting Dara! I’m her best friend, and I love her the most!”

“I love her more than you.” Jiyong calmly replied, but there’s a hint of annoyance in his voice. “There’s a thing you call ‘more than friends’.”

“I love her more than you, idiot!”

“No, I do.”