"Of course, we can talk after school" he says and I smile.

"Bye!" I say rushing out the door and I jump into the car.

"Come on Anderson! We're gonna be late" Suzu says in annoyance and I nod.

"Sorry- I got distracted" I say telling the truth.

"how are you doing? Living alone and all" Naomi asks seeming concerned and I sigh.

"It's a lot different than what I expected..." I answer honestly and we start talking about the homework assignments and other things that are going on at school.

They drop me off at the store near school so I can grab some snacks since the cafeteria food isn't the greatest.

I grab the food and shove it in my bag, leaving the store to walk to school which is a 10 minute walk.

"Fancy seeing you here" I say turning around to see Malix with a hood on to cover his red skin and sunglasses to hide his golden eyes as to not draw attention to himself.

"What's up?" I ask feeling confident knowing I put the spell on me to protect myself from hell-borne magic.

"You've really made yourself at home with these humans, strange. I specifically remember you enjoying ending their lives" he says and I sigh.

"We all have our hobbies" I say sarcastically and I start walking.

"Right- So you have no attachment to any of these humans- even those two.. Naomi and Suzu were they?" He says smirking and I try not to be pissed off at him involving my friends.

"I never said that. But if you touch them I swear I won't hesitate in ending your life like I should have five years ago" I say flashing my purple eyes at him.

"And we've found a weak spot. Why these humans, there's nothing to special about them?" Malix asks and I roll my eyes.

"They respect me, they trust me and they are always there to help me, it's what friends do, but you wouldn't know much about that" I say pulling out a small mirror from my pocket and I check my hair and tighten my scarf around my neck.

The last thing i need is Malix seeing those marks, I'll never hear the end of it.

I put my mirror away and start walking again.

"Right- well you know who you have to hurt to hurt me now so if you could politely fuck off- that'd be great. I have things to do" I say annoyed and I realise I'm just going to have to annoy him to death until he leaves.

"I mean, I know I'm hot but I'm pretty sure when a girl knocks you out and leaves you that's a pretty definite break up" I say and he growls making me laugh.

"I mean if your trying to get on my good side this isn't the way to do it- bring me food, threaten my life a bit less. Maybe that'll work better for you, love" I say patting him on the back and he grabs my wrist and I'll be honest, he was not gentle but I tried not to show my pain.

"Back off or the next time I'll break it" he says dropping my hand and I laugh again.

"Come on, admit it, you still like me" I tease Malix as he follows me down the street trying not to let anyone see his skin as red skin isn't very common in humans.

"That's insinuating I ever liked you" he says and I fake pout shoving him slightly.

"That's mean. You never used to be mean to me" I say and he scoffs.

"That's not how I remember it" he says and I lean on his shoulder. "I remember you being a perfect gentleman, when you wanted to be at least" I say looking to him and he pushes me off him.