A white room. Alex. tears. darkness. brightness. yelling. screaming. monsters. mom.

The thoughts in your head are taking over. Your breathing gets heavy once again but you try to calm it down. you just want to get out of there. You squeeze your eyes shut and take a deep breath. many deep breaths.

Doctor: Sweetie where are your parents? the numbers you gave us go straight to voicemail. where do they work?

You give the doctor a blank stare and look over at alex. he's by your side and now slightly smiling.

You: I- I don't know. But i can just go home with his parents. they'll take me home safely.

Alex's parents were in the waiting room discussing stuff between themselves. The doctor looks over at Alex's parents with a worried expression on his face and just nods. He turns around and goes over to the desk and gets a clipboard and pen and hands it to Alex.

Doctor: Give this to your parents and make sure they fill it all out before you guys head out. Just hand it in to the lady over there and have a nice night.

Alex: Yes, okay. thank you, you too doctor.

Alex turns with you on holding onto his arm and you two walk into the waiting room where Alex's parents are waiting. You have a seat next to Alex's mom and she stands up. Alex's dad also stands and they whisper into Alex's ear.

Alex turns to you.

Alex: Hey uh Hold on.

Alex walks into the hallway with his parents and they start talking quietly. you look over in their direction and wonder if they even wanna take you home. I mean you could go home alone and just take an uber or you can go home with them at the most. Alex interrupts your thoughts and sits down next to you with a sigh.

You: What happened?

He turns his head to you and his eyes get all watery. His head lands in your shoulder.

Alex: I'm sorry.

You: Alex it's okay. it's also my fault, i shouldn't have put on music or distracted you while driving.

He raises up his head and his eyes are all red again.

Alex: It's not just that. i lied. im sorry i used you as my toy. I didn't have actual feelings for you yesterday. i just took you over because i got rejected by Haley. she didn't want me so i went to you. i didn't even know she was coming to see me. I am sorry that i used you but now seeing what almost happened to you... i care about you.. a lot.

You can't feel you're heart. Your breathing stopped at "lied". You started Zoning out at "didn't have actual feelings for you". You let out a fake smile. with tears in your eyes. and a quivering lip.

You: It's okay i guess. I get it.

You didn't get it. you had no idea why someone would lie to others and play with someone's feeling to help with their own feelings.

You: Just take me home.

You stand up and wipe your nose on your sleeve. Your heart feels numb and your hands shaky. Alex's parents hand in the clipboard and Mrs. Guzman puts a hand on your back as you guys walk out the hospital. Alex follows closely behind his dad and you and his mom in front.

The car ride was silent. All the way home.

Mrs. Guzman: Sweetie, would you like to come to our house and stay for the night maybe? You could maybe sleep with Alex or on the couch if you prefer.

Mr. Guzman looks at Mrs. Guzman with a blank expression.

You: No thank you. It's fine. I'll be fine at home, im pretty sure my mom is home by now. i'll let her know what happened.

She looks back at you and alex with a sad-ish expression.

Mrs. Guzman: Okay then i guess. Just call Alex if you need anything and i'll give you my number too just in case sweetie.

You give a slight smile and look out the window of the back seat. You had already given them your house address so they know where to go.

You turn to look at Alex and he's just looking out the window as well on his side.