Happy Birthday-Christmas!

"Kuro, Kuro, come here," Bokuto called softly, hiding behind the bleachers.

Kuroo with hands on his hips, turned to give Bokuto a questioning look.

"Just come here already," Bokuto repeated, a bit of urgency now in his voice.

Reluctantly, Kuroo approached the bleachers, glancing behind him just in case this was another one of Fukurodani's pranks. As he approached Bokuto, he noticed how fidgety he was, glancing around him frequently.

"You definitely don't look suspicious," Kuroo commented sarcastically. "What are you up to now?"

"Suspi- what do you mean 'now'?!" Bokuto questioned defensively, his voice getting louder. He saw some of the other players look their way so he lowered his voice once again. "I'm not up to anything, okay? It's just-"

He looked around before pulling Kuroo by the arm, closer to him.

"It was Akaashi's birthday, and the team kind of forgot about it. By the time we realized, it was already too late."

"And by too late, you mean, he had to tell you guys the fact that you forgot his birthday."

"H-How did you know that??"

"I've known you guys for a while now, and knowing you Mr. Airhead, I figured Akaashi had to tell you point-blank what happened," Kuroo stated, pulling away from the other. "So, what are you planning on doing, seeing you're getting me involved?"

"See, this is why you're the coolest, Kuroo," Bokuto beamed.

"Hai, hai. So?"

"So, what I'm thinking is doing a Christmas party and invite everyone, but really it's a surprise birthday party for him!"

"Today's Christmas, Bokuto."

"Wait, it's today? Not next week??"

"I'm walking away..."

"Kuro, no!!" Bokuto begged loudly, catching the attention of most of the players now, even Akaashi. Bokuto grabbed Kuroo closer to him once more, hiding both of them from the prying eyes. "I know it's last minute, but we can still do it today, right? I don't have plans so you guys shouldn't have either, right?"

"You know, I would get mad right now for that comment if it weren't true," Kuroo muttered, giving Bokuto a malicious look. Clueless, Bokuto just stared at him expectantly. "Fine, so you just want me to invite the others to a Christmas party tonight, right? Where is this going to be? Who's bringing food? What time?"

"Uhhh..."

"You horned owl bastard," Kuroo mumbled under his breath. "I got it, just let the others know, I'll talk to Kenma and Tsukki about it. Let's say, party time at 7?"

"7?"

"7 it is," the Nekoma captain finalized, leaving Bokuto by the bleachers. He approached Tsukki, who was eyeing him warily from across the court. "Tsukki~"

"Please get away from me."

"Don't be like that, your beloved senpai has something to tell you."

"I doubt-" Kei started to say something smart but Kuroo interrupted him.

"No time for your mean comments. Listen..." Kuroo then went on to explain what he and Bokuto talked about. Kei, finding the whole thing so troublesome, refused pointedly and attempted to walk away. Hinata, who was standing close by heard the whole thing, and approached the two to volunteer himself, inadvertently preventing Kei from leaving. Kei tried multiple times to get away, but being sandwiched between an overexcited Hinata and a scheming Kuroo, his tries were futile. He tried to catch Yamaguchi's attention for help, but his friend was too focused on practicing his float serves.