[1] Starting the Tape

Tape 1, Side A

one month later

It was lunch.

"Eat something! Eat my chips," Clay, who had shining brown eyes and brown hair, offered. He looked at Deathbringer hopefully with wide brown eyes.

"No," he answered flatly.

Tsunami narrowed her eyes at him, taking a small bite out of her tuna sandwich. "Stop acting like a dork. We're all grieving. So you think she wanted us to be this way, or what? Dude. This isn't cool."

"Well," he snapped, rolling his eyes. "It doesn't matter what she thinks, does it, now? She's dead."

Starflight didn't even pay attention, probably since Deathbringer and Tsunami yelled at each other every time they sat together for lunch. He was probably used to it now. He just silently listened to music with a grim expression on his face.

"What did you say?" Tsunami stood up, her voice raising. Her cheeks were flushed in anger, and her fingers were clenched into a fist. She would squash him like a bug.

Or perhaps not. Perhaps the hours he spent in karate would pay him well.

Against her, though— probably not.

"'Nami, please sit down," Riptide Sanford begged. Tsunami ignored him, fuming.

"Did you just say GLORY WAS DEAD?!" Tsunami screamed. Some students turned and stared at her. At them. "I can't even— youyou are so dead, Death Guy—!"

Then she screamed in frustration and grabbed her lunch and threw it to the trash can, pointing an angry finger at it. It made a loud clang sound. "See that? You're next, bro! Congrats!"

Deathbringer stood up so that their eyes were at the same level as each other. "Well, it's true, isn't it? No need to act all"— he glared at Tsunami, motioning with his hands— "sensitive about it."

Tsunami grabbed him by the collar and they both fell down to the ground, and when she was about to punch him Sunny grabbed her arm and dragged her back to her seat. She was still snarling at Deathbringer, and he was sneering.

"Deathbringer, come back here." Sunny looked extremely upset. "Why do you guys have to fight every single day? Can't we eat lunch in peace?"

Deathbringer glared pointedly at Tsunami. "Apparently not. I would like to."

Sunny sighed. "Tsunami, Deathbringer....Glory would seriously not want this. Even if she was here, she won't appreciate it. I know she took her life a month ago, but I hope that brings us together, not take us farther apart." Sunny looked around in hope. "We don't want that to happen again."

Tsunami huffed and got up, her face as hard as stone. It was obvious Sunny's words did not have an impact on her, and that  she wasn't sorry at all. "I have to pee. Bye. See you guys never."

Clay made a face, gagging. "Seriously? I was eating!"

Tsunami shrugged. "I might swim some laps in the swimming pool because we have a meet today. And I'm the captain and all..."

"Have fun!" Sunny tried to say cheerfully. Before Tsunami turned away, she gave Deathbringer a look. "Just because you can't get with the game doesn't mean you should slow everybody else down with you, man," she growled, hitting his chest with her lunch box. Then she scoffed and walked away, fuming under her breath. Deathbringer kept silent.

Sunny pushed her tray away, frowning. "Deathbringer, I want to give you something."

He ran his fingers through his thick black hair, irritated. He wasn't in the mood to act all cheery and happy when he was not. Poor Sunny, though."What?"