Chapter 12- A Kiss and Escape

Hi my peeps!!
Alright...I'll get to the story now.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

~Cynthia's POV.~

After hearing the way Jack sounded, I had a feeling that he didn't want to see me, and I started to overthink my decision.

"I'm gonna-." I started to say, but suddenly the door opened.

"Hello, wonderful-What the?!" He yelled as he saw us standing at the door. Honey quickly covered his mouth and shoved him back inside, while grabbing my arm and pulling me inside.

I held my breath as I looked up and made eye contact with Jack. He quickly looked away and scowled.

"Not that I'm complaining, but what are y'all doing here?" Rex asked.

When Honey saw me looking down, she stepped forward and said.

"I'm mostly here to get Cynthia and Jack to talk."

Rex hissed, then leaned towards Honey and me, and murmured. "No offense, but I don't think he's in the mood to talk. He's been Mr. Grinch all day."

Hearing that, Jack stood up angrily and yelled "That's right! I'm not!" Then he glared at me.

"I definitely don't want to talk to her."

Tears started to form in my eyes, but I quickly wiped them away and before Honey or Rex could say anything, I stepped forward.

"Act like a big baby all you want to. I want to talk to you."

At first, he was taken back by my outburst, then he rolled his eyes and made a low grunt.

"So, now you want to talk."

I swear from the look of my face, black smoke would have came from my ears.

"Yes I do! And I suggest you listen."

"Why should I?"

"Because.." I trailed off.

"That's right! I shouldn't. So I suggest you both leave."

"I could have gotten expelled for coming over and here and now I'm leaving."

When he didn't respond, I groaned loudly and started to walk away, before Honey grabbed my arm. "No."

She turned to him. "Listen, you big ass. I did not get up from binge watching my Netflix shows and come all the way over here for you to be all crying and sensitive over this stupid misunderstanding about Cynthia. So cut the crap and be a man, or just be stubborn and lose the one girl you actually love." Then she added, "Don't make me set y'all up. It WILL be embarrassing." She says, emphasizing the 'will'.

When he stayed silent, Honey said "Fine," with her scary calm voice she uses when she means business.

Uh oh...

She tightened her grip on my arm, leaned forward and quickly grabbed Jack, and before I knew it, we were both scrunched together in what I think is the bathroom. The lights were off.

"Have fun you two." She said, before closing the door, leaving us alone in the dark.

He grunted. "Imma turn on the lights." For which I responded, "Do what you must."

He stopped reaching, and I could feel him glaring, as I slowly moved away from him.

"What is your problem?" He mumbled.

"I don't have a problem. Your problem is with me." I countered.

"I don't have a problem with you."