3

•Kentrell, 18•

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Ding! Ding! Ding!

My phone went off.

I powered it on and checked my notifications. It was a file from a unknown number I don't recognize. "Yo tell me if y'all know this number... 555-729-0282," They typed the number in their phones.

"In my phone that number saved as some nigga Naquan, " Ben said.

"Who the fuck, " I said in confusion.

"Ohh, that nigga, " KD snapped his fingers. "We met him like 3 weeks ago. The one who said he got in on RNG,"

I remember meeting nigga, but I never gave this nigga my number. Ion give randoms my number. The shit even sketchier because I don't have his number saved. " Say Ben, you gave this nigga my number?"

He shook his head.

I stared at the message for a good minute before turning my phone off and laying it on the chair arm. I know listening to a file ain't gon hurt nothing, but something was telling me not to listen to it.

This nigga found my number and sent this shit, it has to be important. I laid my hand back on my phone, hesitant to open the message. But then again, what if it's only for me to hear.

"YB YOU HEAR ME?" Ben asked, waking me up out of my thoughts.

I nodded, "Wassup."

"Why you won't to know?"

"Nothing, somebody tol' me ta call'em." I lied.

I chilled for a while, but It wasn't long before I was ready to leave out of Ben's house. I told the gang bye and then I was out the door. I got in the car and pulled off.

After I got ready for bed, I sat my phone on the dresser then laid down.

That's reminds me.

I got out of bed and took the phone off the dresser. I pulled up that message from earlier.

As I listened to it, I couldn't get mad. The shit was funny. They let opps record they whole conversation. I ain't even need to know they plot to know they was on some bullshit. It's always new fools hatin and trying to take out the next niggas. That Naquan nigga ain't no better thinking he was gon get an up one being an opp. Ion know if he just want to be apart of NBA or what, but he can stop cause we'd never let a snitch in the clique. Don't matter who you give your loyalty to once an opp, always an opp. It was obvious these niggas was looking for attention and respect from LA. But most of LA was already clowning them niggas.

That isn't was NBA is. NBA isn't even a gang, it's more of a brotherhood. Neither were we in this shit for respect, it was more of a money thing.

Sorry this was so short 😩