Chapter 3

There's two types of couples. There's the lovey-dovey type, and the one where they act like best friends that insult each other on a daily basis.

Fang and Reverse was the absolute combination of the two. They were on the bottom bunk, where Fang cuddled Reverse as they both watched random videos online.

That's when Gopal burst into their room, screaming, "Ochobot's been captured! We need your help!"

Fang and Reverse stared at him like he was delusional.

Gopal paused. "Not dating, huh?"

"WHO SAID YOU CAN BARGE IN HERE LIKE THAT?" Fang demanded, shoving Reverse off him.

Reverse glared at both of them. He turned the holopad off. "What do you mean Ochobot's been captured? Aren't you supposed to be on Earth?"

Gopal explained everything to them. They were attacked by Bora-ra when they were going on a camping trip, and Ochobot was stolen. Now there was a floating island on Earth and they needed backup. Since Fang and Reverse were new, they were the only ones that weren't stationed in places other universes or sectors.

Reverse had mixed feelings regarding this. He hadn't been on Earth for four years. Fang had never been on Earth. This could be a suicidal mission, considering that they live on Pulau Rintis. His grandfather might still be there, wondering where he had disappeared off to. Even if Gopal and the others don't recognize him, there's always some bond between him and Tok Aba that can be identified lightyears apart.

Besides, this could be an opportunity to see what idiot captured Ochobot. It was obvious that they no longer recognized him, but is he really going to risk his life for people that he barely even knew?

The answer is: he didn't have a choice. Fang was not happy about it, but whether if they liked it or not, Gopal was a senior cadet, which meant his rank was higher than them. Disobeying someone with higher ranks would leave a no-no on their record, and they don't need any suspicions raised in their resume.

"Bora-ra?" Fang asked on the ship. Gopal had zero idea how to pilot one, which meant Fang was the driver. "Isn't he that number 1 power sphere hunter? The hell would he take Ochobot?"

"I don't know!" Gopal yelped. "We were just getting ready for our camping trip, then this Kentokak gang came out of nowhere and took Ochobot! They said they're gonna use Ochobot to find another power sphere?"

Reverse tapped the armrest of his seat. It's always bothered him how Ochobot was able to gift different people different powers. Maybe he wasn't a regular power sphere? Suppose he grants people the power of adaption, not manipulation. Gravity, Time and Food aren't so much apart from their everyday lives. For humans like Gopal, anyway.

But his power of stealing others'... what was it about? Where did that originate from?

Now Bora-ra's using Ochobot to locate another sphere, it might not be as absurd as they all thought it would. Every power sphere has a specific power, and Ochobot's might be more of a figurative type. The power sphere that connects every other power sphere.

"Didn't Bora-ra attack you when you were younger?" Reverse asked Fang.

Fang nodded, frowning. "Yeah. Barely survived. Why?"

Reverse massaged his right temple. He glanced at Gopal in the backseat, who was scared out of his minds.

"Nothing," he said. "What do you have on him? Other than the databases that we collected over the years."

Fang looked deep in thought. Reverse programmed the controls to be sent over to him, since Fang tended to be careless if he's taking trips down memory lane.

"Honestly, nothing," Fang murmured. "I was young. I didn't know what was going on until years later."

The power sphere hunter was one catalogue that Reverse and Fang had steered clear of. They were just doing what they do best and that's capturing power spheres. However, that didn't mean they didn't have any information regarding it. For the past decade, the Top 2 hunters were dead set in their high ranks. Bora-ra being the 1st and Vargoba being the 2nd.

But what was this sudden backup's objective? To save Ochobot, or something much more, like taking down Bora-ra? From the databases, he possessed some sort of black hole manipulation and creation. This wouldn't be much of a problem considering the matchup of Reverse's and Fang's powers, but those idiots are still watching, there's no way they can use it without getting caught.

And of course, there are his cronies. That Brain-Guy, KikiTa and some cleaner that Reverse is ninety-nine percent sure is Ciciko undercover.

The atmosphere outside broke into a blue sky and clouds. It had been years since Reverse had seen Earth, but it was exactly as he remembered. With sapphire blue oceans, endless horizons and the bright sun. As much as he wanted to gawk at it, there was an odd placement above the ocean. A floating island.

Huh, Reverse thought. Don't remember that island sitting there.

Of course he doesn't remember, because it was extracted from another planet and shoved here exactly thirty minutes ago. It was like, Oh! Where do I put this hunk of junk? Maybe Earth would be the perfect dumpster!

"Where are Yaya and Ying?" Fang noticed.

Gopal yelped. "They're in the hospital being treated for their injuries! That's why I came to you guys for help!"

Reverse turned his chair to him. "You mean you stayed back when they're fighting? No wonder the author writing this is a feminist!"

"Ugh!" Fang groaned. "So it's three against a gang? Gopal, why don't you stay back? You're just getting in the way."

"Okay!" Gopal squeaked.

Reverse parked the ship by the island. The terrain of the floating island was structured as an exotic forest, much to their dismay. They'd passed a test in a jungle island and now this?

"Look at this." Fang showed Reverse a holographic map displayed in 3D from his holopad the size of a credit card.

Reverse leaned over and squinted. "In a cave? Why a cave?"

Fang snorted. "Why not? At least people won't see us maki—"

Reverse stepped on his foot. He took off to the direction of the cave were the map indicated. Fang held his poor foot in agony before chasing after the shorter male.

There weren't any exciting events that occurred on the short journey, excluding Reverse stepping on some dead animal's carcass and scrubbed his shoe on a nearby rock with Fang laughing his head off. Eventually they reached a gaping chasm, with the other visible end leading to a lower part of the cliff and into a dark cave. They made the jump with ease.

But as soon as they stepped foot into the cave, they could hear screams. They exchanged wary glances and sprinted towards the source.

Whatever was going to happen, there's always something more horrific awaiting them.