Chapter 15 - nightmares

Start from the beginning

"guys faster! She's dying!" I hear Niall scream. The sheet gets tighter, and my hand tightens its grip onto Niall's. The sheet that lies on my head is ripped off, the blanket around my neck loosens and I bolt up straight and start coughing more violently. After my coughing fit I begin taking deep, rapid breaths and gulp. Niall rubs my back and Liam watches me with worry on his face.

"are you okay babe?" Niall asks. I open my mouth to say no but nothing comes out. I can't speak!!!! I begin to tremble and try again.

"n....n....no," I say it's almost impossible to speak, my voice comes out hoarse, Harry and the rest of the boys stand near Liam.

"we're gonna take you to the doctors tomorrow and get this checked out but for now use this and try to not talk." Zayn says and hands me a mini white board and marker. I take the top off and write 'thanks' on it and show it to Zayn with a small smile.

"come on then, let's head back." Liam says and helps me up, I pull out my board and write 'I'm gonna fix up the beds, see you all in the kitchen,' and hold it up so everyone can see it. They all nod and walk out the door, I head over to my bed and make it and then fix up the other. Will I be like this forever? Having to write on boards to tell everyone what I wanted I say? I never be able to go out on my own in public. I freshen my self up and head to the lounge room where everyone is and wave.

"well we better get going, by ms. Turner." Niall says and everyone makes their rounds of hugging,

"bye Jenna," mum says, I'll never be able to say I love you to her or anyone else.

'bye mom.' I write and show her. We all walk to the front door to be greeted by paparazzi, great. They are the last people I want to see right now. As soon as we walk out we are bombarded with questions.

"how are you boys enjoying your break?"

"how is your relationship with Sophie Zayn?"

"how are you coping without your girlfriends Liam and Louis?"

"Jenna! What are those marks on your neck?" I freeze, what marks? Niall looks down at my neck and dose a double take, I reach my hand and press my fingers on my neck. I flinch, ouch that hurts! Now all the boys are looking at my neck, I cover it up with my hair and everyone rushes towards me into a protective circle. What the hell! I go to pull out my board but Niall's hand stops me and shakes his head and pulls me along. I keep my head down while Niall's arm dangles on my shoulders.

"Jenna what happened?"

"Niall are you and Jenna happy?"

"Jenna why won't you speak?" because I've lost my voice! I couldn't talk even if I wanted to.

"have you been crying?"

"Jenna are you feeling okay?"

Eventually we make it to the car and head back home. It's silent so I pull out my iPod and put the head phones in. Suddenly a two hour drive becomes six, Everything turns into slow motion and I just stare out the window. How will the fans react if I can never talk again? How will it affect me? How will it affect my family? How will it affect the band? How will affect any job I have in the future? So many questions and I don't have any answers. If this is permanent I'll never be able to sing again, there goes my dream of becoming a singer or music teacher.

"Jen.....are you okay?" Sophie asks suddenly. I shake my head, I don't even look at her. I shift so my head so it's now buried into Niall's shoulder, my hair falls and covers my face.

"lets look at your neck then, to see what the paps saw." Liam says and the hair covering my neck is moved. Warm gentle fingers run their way along my neck.