Chapter 8: The Nightmare Game

Chapter dedicated to ThreeWulfSalt, I hope you like how it turned out!

"No... NO! This CANNOT be happening!" Vincent screamed in desperation.

We all had fled to our house, and we all stayed there—me, my brother, my dad, my mom, Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, Foxy, and Spring Bonnie—all except for my missing sister and my missing bear friend. Spring was sobbing silently in a corner, her face under her arms as she curled up into a ball, Vincent was having a mental breakdown, Sam was tending to the animals' wounds, and Michael was trying to calm Vincent down.

"Calm down, Dad," said Michael mournfully. "We'll find her."

"But what if we don't?"

Michael sighed. "I don't know. We'll stay positive for now..."

I, in the meantime, sat in front of Elizabeth's room, fiddling with Plush Fredbear again. I thought to myself as I was fiddling... What went wrong..? What could I have done differently...? Why did it have to be like this?! As soon as I realized all these thoughts have led to nowhere, I stood up and decided to check on the rest of us.

"How are you feeling, Bonnie?" I asked Bonnie gently, whose burn wounds were worse than any of the others. Almost his entire left leg was scorched, and his left arm was riddled with considerably deep scratch marks.

"You could say that I'm feeling a bit better, thanks," he replied, wincing as he tried to move his leg. "Your mother is an excellent nurse."

I nodded. "I'll get you some water."

After I got the purple rabbit some water, suddenly Michael ushered me to come into his room. I frowned, but I followed him nonetheless.

When I got in, Michael gently pushed the door so it would close slightly.

I sat down on his bed, confused. "What is it?" I asked.

His face was stern, but worry, exhaustion, and confusion were visible under that expression. I looked into his eyes, and it was as if those chocolate brown eyes were shouting desperately at me, yelling "I need to know! I NEED to!"

He sighed and looked away for a moment. "Chris," he exhaled slowly as he looked back at me, "is there anything you're not telling us? Not telling me?"

I swallowed. I knew someone would notice my strange behavior eventually.

But did I have to break my promise to Fredbear?

It almost didn't even matter now that they knew Fredbear was a Nightmare, and now they believed that he was the one responsible for Elizabeth's kidnapping.

But I shook my head silently, timidly looking at the floor.

Again, it was hard being the youngest of your family. Sometimes, you just don't know what's right or wrong, and if you try to explain a situation in your point of view, they won't take you that seriously.

Michael looked a little agitated. "Are you sure?" he asked again. "I mean, you've been a bit quiet lately since the night Fredbear attacked us."

I flinched ever so slightly, then I looked at him again, a bit more bravely this time. "You mean," I said cautiously, "you're suspecting me? That maybe I'm associated with those monsters for some unreal reason?" I gestured my hand at his window.

"N-no, of course not!" he denied, startled. "I'm just noticing that you've been acting a bit off these past few days."

I scoffed. "Well, I thought you'd understand, all with Fredbear and Eliza and stuff, of course I'm acting a bit off. We ALL are. I'm worried about her too." I took a deep breath. "I'm gonna go get some rest."