⌜ forty four ⌟

Start from the beginning

c'mon, our wedding is tomorrow and it's also your birthday.❞ jeno held the crying boy's hands, ❝smile.

jaemin shook his head, ❝i want renjun.

jaemin..

jeno, i miss him.❞ jaemin pulled away and wiped his tears using the sleeves of his suit, ❝i miss his kisses, his presence, i miss everything about him.

me too, i miss him too jaemin.

he promised.❞ jaemin managed to say but with his voice cracking, ❝he should keep his promise. does he not love us anymore?

sshh,❞ jeno silenced the pink haired by giving him s kiss on the lips, ❝he loves us.

then why..❞ the younger broke down again, ❝why did he leave us?

there's a reason for everything, jaemin.❞ he gave the younger a small smile and leaned forward, giving him a soft kiss on the forehead, ❝let's go. our mothers are waiting.

he wanted to cry. jeno wanted to go wild about renjun leaving them, but who's going to comfort jaemin if he does? he decided to keep the feelings in and just release it out when he is alone. he is as hurt as jaemin, he was mad that renjun didn't even fight for them, he was angry that their mothers forced renjun to quit the job, he was furious that he can't do anything to bring renjun back.

they were sad that renjun left.

🍭

jisung and chenle gave each other a look before silently opening the door to chenle's apartment. scanning the dark living room they nodded at each other and took a step inside. jisung closed the door and followed chenle from behind.

you think they left?❞ jisung whispered, silently but made sure that chenle heard it.

chenle shrugged but nodded after, ❝they probably did. i mean, we left them for a day so..

the two invited renjun's parents when they came to visit and explained to them where renjun's where abouts were. they were very ready to accept their death on renjun's hands. but they are renjun's parents, they need to know where their son is. after all, they come a long way just to find their son. after that, chenle and jisung excused themselves to buy food but ended up sleeping at jisung's house.

about to take a step towards the stair, the two heard some mumblings. jisung had his brows furrowed meanwhile chenle understood his mother language very well.

"he was working as a babysitter."

"he suffered a lot."

the two went closer to the kitchen instead of going up to their rooms. they thought it would be nice eavesdropping two adults talking. well, good for chenls he understands. jisung would be asking for a translation after.

"our son? working as a babysitter?" the man scoffed.

the woman rolled her eyes, "don't go all disappointed and all, what do you expect from a twenty two year-old?"

"but a babysitter, really?" the man made hand gestures, "he could have build a cafe and run it or what."

"but he's not taking care of kids. you heard him explain a while ago." the mother sipped the liquid, probably coffee, inside the mug. she saw her husband's facial expression change, "honey?"

"is it really possible to fall in love with two people?"

the mother shrugged and then place a hand on top of her husband's, "but love is love. you're not mad, are you?"

the man took seconds to look up and smile, "if he's happy then i'm happy."

she smiled and intertwined their fingers, "but he's not happy right now. he's hurt."

"oh right. damn, whoever hurt him should get ready."

jisung poked chenle by the side, ❝what are they talking about?

chenle turned to his boyfriend, ❝sshh later.

but lele i don't understand a thing!

don't shout! they might-

what are you guys doing?❞ the two guys jumped from their place. jisung covering his ears when he heard chenle scream at the top of his lungs. renjun scrunched his nose, ❝do you have to scream?

you scared me!

what's happening here?❞ a built man came out from the kitchen, holding a spoon that looked very small in his hold as his weapon. ❝i heard a girl shout.

both jisung and renjun pointed at chenle. the suspect behind the high pitched scream giggled nervously, ❝it was me.

renjun's eyes wandered down to the spoon and remembered the nickname jeno and jaemin used to call him. the feelings went back and caused him to let a tear fall down, getting everyone's attention.

chenle panicked and wiped the tears that are now falling down like a waterfall. ❝ge, don't cry.

jisung pressed his lips into a thin line, holding himself from separating the two. renjun was hugging chenle tight and was crying on his shoulders. jisung should learn how to get jealous at a right time and he is starting now.

i miss them.❞ renjun coughed and then went back to sobbing, ❝i miss jeno and jaemin.

the man widened his eyes and then turned to his wife who's also shocked. ❝those are the people he is taking care of?

renjun didn't tell them the names a while ago knowing that his parents might actually know who they are.

the mother turned to her husband who is placing the little spoon down the table and then cracked his knuckles, ❝where are you going?

out to fix things.

she raised a brow, ❝what?

this is the least i could do.❞ he smiled patting the head of his wife, ❝for everything i have done worst to him.

if renjun wants jaemin and jeno and he's going to give what his son wants.

t b c