1:0

the next day...
<•>

:sky:

"It doesn't look like my mom's home yet." I breath out in relief. "Her car isn't in the driveway."

"But doesn't that mean you won't be able to get inside?" Jeno asks.

"Yes...but right now, I'm just glad she's not home."

He looks at me with his eyebrows lowered, almost sympathetic, but I can never really tell what he's thinking.

"Well, thanks." I begin taking his coat off my body. "Here you go."

"You're literally going to be stuck in your backyard for who knows how long." He turns away with a scoff, pushing the coat away. "Just keep it."

"But-"

Jeno turns back to me and snatches it from my hand. He swings it around my back and puts it on my shoulders.

"Don't argue with me." He mutters.

A feeling of overwhelming warmth in my body formed and I was suddenly very happy.

For him.

He's being so kind that it's unbelievable to think that this is Jeno Lee from high school who seems like the coldest person you'll meet.

I went closer to him and wrapped my arms around his torso, hugging him.

I didn't think much of it until I actually pressed my cheek against his chest.

For a second I didn't feel his arms around me and his body was stiff, but he finally loosened up and patted my back.

"Calm down, would you?" I hear him say. "It's not like I'm giving up a kidney for you."

I pull away immediately. "Sorry, just wanted to thank you."

He looks to the side, giving me an annoyed attitude.

<•>

"Where did you get that coat, huh?" My mother puts her hands on her hips. "You were supposed to be in the back the whole time. WHERE DID YOU GET THAT COAT?!"

"I...I..."

Crap, what do I say?

"Someone gave you that coat, right? Who gave you that coat?"

"I just-I just-"

"DID YOU GO SHOPPING?! I LOCKED YOU OUT, SO YOU CAN DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND STUDY! NOT WASTE MONEY AND TIME ON SOMETHING AS UGLY AS THAT!"

I flinch, forcing myself to look at her in the eye.

"Tell me you finished your homework." Her tone calmed, but her finger was now all up in my face.

"I did."

"You better...or else your butt is going to be locked out the entire week!"

"I finished."

"And you won't have the coat on you when you're locked out. DON'T EVEN TRY TO SNEAK IT OUT EITHER, YOUNG LADY! OR ELSE I'LL TAKE IT AND THROW IT OUT!"

I hug Jeno's coat closer to me.

You are not touching this.

"I'm going to be out with my boss and coworkers. When I get home, you better be studying, do you hear me?"

I nod.

<•>
weekend is over...
<•>

"SKY, YOU BETTER WAKE UP RIGHT THIS SECOND AND GET READY! I SWEAR, IF YOU'RE LATE TO YOUR HOMEROOM, I WILL SEND YOU TO THE MILITARY AND HAVE THEM USE YOU AS A CANNON!"