.-*Prologue*-.

Prologue: Arachnids vs Birds

19th of October 1869

I can recall the moment I asked my mother about the Artwork on the wall. It was in a frame of Ornate Mahogany, the sky decorated in clouds of dark grey, lighting crackling from behind. What catches my eye is the two figures. One is a male black widow the other a raven. Who seem to be fighting. The Black Widow has its eight legs wrapped around the Ravens abdomen, two of which are digging into the Ravens skin. Whilst the Raven has his wings up as if to try push the spider off.

I never understood the painting, maybe it was because that scene was far beyond a toddlers understanding.

My mother cocks her head to the side as she looks at me. Her long slender legs look as lethal as any female widow. Shes a Black Widow as well as half human. Her, as well as my family can turn from a human to a widow when we please. Her spider eyes blink all at various seconds behind the previous.

She transforms back to human. Her eight legs are replaced with white arms and legs. Her eyes go from black to Scarlett. Her long black hair starts growing back to its former length and a black and white victorian gothic dress resurfaces on her skin.

She bends down to pick me up in her arms. As she lifted me up, I could smell her scent in her skin. Metallic Blood.

Feeding on humans again.

She looked down at me. Her eyes piercing into the black of mine. I inherited my fathers human eyes when I was born, explaining our eye colour difference.

"Scorsho, its time I told you the story of our ancestor and the battle between Arachnids and Birds."

She walks down the hallway of stone walls and red candles hanging above us and on the window sills. Her footsteps echo throughout the whole room. She climbs upstairs with her hands holding my bottom and continues her way up to my bedroom.

Dimly lit by the army on the candlestick. Settling me into my cot. After gently placing me down, she looked down at me.

"The Artwork you see on the wall is our ancestor who is Abrious Carlile, the black widow. And his enemy, Lutherin Gados, who is a raven. Like us, they are both half human, half animal. Lutherin Gados is the mighty lord of our enemies, the Birds. This is how our battle with the birds started..."

"Mommy?"

"Hmm?"

"Who started it?"

"Lutherin Gados, of course, sweetheart. He is a man of discrimination and hatred. He thought of our species as food. His Clan and the army of birds terrorised the Arachnids kingdom, The Venom Forest. A forest full of the mightiest and overlords of each Arachnid animal alive. But it was our Clan who were the protectors of the sacred place for as we knew the best defence in such environments where its clouds cover the ground with fog and dead trees. Explaining why the Arachnids worship the Black Widow Clan and why our family was raised to rule. My mother, to me, to you and your older brother. We are the chain of the mighty ones."

"Mommy?"

"Yes?"

"Who will be the king next?" I asked her.

She smiles down at me.

"It depends on your eldest brother, Aloius. His actions can influence deeply on his role in the Arachnids. It may even change the way your future is planned out."

Aloius, was older than me by 10 years. He had my fathers looks and my mothers brains. His hair was a chocolate brown, whilst his skin looked pale and muscular. When he fights, you see my mother in him. Violent, Strong and determined.

Me? I always felt like the outcast. I never had the brains of a true black widow. For starters, I was too nice. I never liked the thought of violence. Neither the fact of this war between Arachnids and Birds. I always thought that it would just be better for all of us if we just didn't give a shit. But I'm wrong. My kind don't forgive easily. They never did. All my life, I was bought up to fight and battle, to hopefully stand as the best. But, I never liked it. The idea of having my life arranged pissed me off.

"But Momma, I don't want to fight."

She looked down at me, and said

"One day, your scrawny toddler mind will turn into a core of strategy and revenge. As for now, you are my young. Its to stay that way until you are the age of six years."

She planted a soft, moist kiss on my forehead and walked out without another word.

One Day... The Little Scorsho will form into a warrior. One day, he will stand as a king with pride and power. One day, he will be the leader of the Arachnids! One day, he will look back and realise how he turned from a coward to a Victorious king!

If That One Day... Was Too Ever Happen...

~~~~~~~Authors Note~~~~~~~

This is just a dose of Scorsho's life when he was a toddler. Take in mind, he was an easily frightened child, sorry if I didn't make it obvious enough. But otherwise, I didn't do much of a look description for Scorsho. But hes not much different to his mother. Same jet black hair (except his is short of course), same skin, same eye colour, yet smaller than his mother. But otherwise, please leave a like, comment or anything down. I will be very grateful for whoever likes it. And I hope you enjoy the story so far. :3 Hopefully you read Chapter One!

Clan (In This Novel): Meaning Family. Each animal in this book has a clan and each species of Arachnids and Birds are divided into 2-4 families so the offspring isn't a mix. No combinations allowed, ESPECIALLY WITH THEIR ENEMIES.

~InnerEgo