Chapter 4

I woke up on a nice Wednesday, July morning. Angie was still sleeping by my feet. I looked over at my alarm clock.

6:52

Damn it I'm gonna be late for Claire! I quickly grabbed my all white bikini. I didn't even bother on putting a tiny but of waterproof make up on and scrammed to the kitchen to grab an apple out of the fruit basket and ran to the beach.

"Claire! Claire!" I yelled before she would leave or anything.

"Dude it's fine you made it on time." She told me.

"Oh I didn't even know," I chuckled. "Well then let's go!" I started running to the ocean.

We both paddled out and saw a massive wave coming as me and her both tried getting it. But of course I got it. Ha. I didn't do any tricks just rode the wave. I love surfing, it feels like your floating on a cloud. It's so much fun! And when I finished the wave I was close to the shore and jumped off my board with a silly face towards Claire. I got back on my board and watched her catch some waves. After some good ones I decided to check the time. I went back to the sand to our pile of stuff. I looked at my phone seeing it was 9:15. Ok.

"Claire I'm gonna go!" I yelled at her considering she's still in the water. I grab my board and run up to my house. My dad was sitting on the porch on his computer.

"Oh Hailey, for dinner we are having Claire and her dad over so can you pick up some sodas?" he asked me.

"Of course." I said with a smile. And ran up to my room leaving my board on he porch. I took time in the shower. Just shampoo and conditioner and of course body wash and shaved my legs. Then I stepped out and put on my new bikini, yay, and put on some jean shorts with a blue jacket wrapped around my waist. I let my wavy hair down and pulled all of it to the front so it was split on either side of me. I put a tiny bit of mascara on and threw on some blue sandals. I checked the time.

9:55

Perfect! I made my way down stairs and said goodbye to my dad.

"Where are you goin'?" he asked.

"Just to hang out with a new friend." I told him.

"Well okay just don't forget the sodas. Here's some money for them." he reminded me handing me the money. $10.

"Ok love you dad!" I said running out of the house. I reached the pier I minute before ten. I stayed pretty close to the entrance so we could meet up. I looked around and saw him come around a corner and walked with big strides towards me. He was wearing a white t-shirt with all red swim trunks his hair was free falling on his forehead so obviously he didn't put product in it. He wore shades to probably hide himself a little.

"Well, hello. You look great!" he complimented me. I just say there looking at his beauty while biting my lip.

"Um. Is there something wrong?" He asked clearing me out of my thoughts.

"Oh sorry, I... uh. Sorry." I said blushing while looking at the blue nail polish on my toes.

"It's ok love. So I thought maybe we could get some sandwiches and then head down to the beach, ya?" he asked me approvingly.

"Perfect." I responded.

We went into the sandwich shop. He ordered some turkey with bacon and ranch with shredded cheese.

"Hey, Hailey! The usual?" Manny asked me.

"Hey Manny! Yes please." I told him nodding my head. Manny was the store owner but also one of the only employees here. Since me and Claire always came here, he knew us very well. He is about 50 years old with short hair. This place is like subway but more old fashion looking so they make it in front of you.