Chapter 1

Hailey's POV:

"Damn girl! You rocked it!" Claire said.

"Thank you! Those waves were amazing!" I gleamed.

"Ok,so I'm gonna go now, my dad got this new recipe. Like chicken and rice but some funky rice. He's dying to try it. Audios!" Claire said goodbye.

I said my goodbyes and waved to her. Claire was so fucking gorgeous. I was so, so jealous of her. She had long brown hair that was always straight, wet or dry, unlike mine that was straight when wet but wavy when dry. She had big brown eyes with extremely long eyelashes. Her body was slim but not too slim. She has like no flaws on her face. It really just pisses me off. I always complain to her about that. Plus she was really tan. A good tan. She was my ultimate best friend. I couldn't live without her. Let's just say, she's basically my sister. Plus she also lives right next door to me. So it just makes us that much closer.

I threw on my Rolling Stones band t-shirt over my different shades of blue and white tribal print bikini top and carried my surfboard to the sand. I decided to let my long, long blonde hair air dry. I guess it's healthier? I set my surfboard on a decently dry spot on the yellow, soft sand and sat on it to watch the sun set. I loved this beach just as much as summer. I mean I guess it's nice because I live right in front of it, but the sand is always so soft, the sun is always out, it's so... perfect. The sun was now setting, under the ocean water saying goodbye to the beach. The sunsets here were so beautiful, it stunned my own eyes. The thing I love most about the beach is how the waves always come to kiss the shore. I live in southern California. It's pretty quiet down here. I live in a pretty small town, well compared to the rest of southern California. My dad moved here from north Carolina for work. He runs cruise ships and he decided that there's more here than there. Claire's dad works on the cruise ships too, before her dad and my dad worked together. They have been best friends since high school so it's pretty cool that we all moved together. Her mom died fourteen years ago, while my mom, well she left me and my dad the day of my third birthday. I don't know why and I don't care.

I left the beach when the sun finally disappeared. I guess you could say me and Claire were decently rich. I mean we weren't like celebrity rich but we can afford a pretty big beach house but they're simple but I like simple. Minds sky blue and Claire's is a pretty pale yellow.

"Hey dad." I greeted him on the porch.

"Hey pumpkin. I made steaks, well making steaks." He said with a warm smile. I love my dad, he treats me so well and he is such a kind man. We are like best friends.

"Yum. I'll get started with the potatoes." I told him.

"How did yo-?"

"Come on dad, you can grill but you can't cook." I said with a cocky smile.

"Well I guess you know me too well." He said.

After I made the potatoes, and he finished the steaks we finished eating dinner out on the porch. It's so nice to eat out on the porch. There was the ocean about 20 yards from our house. it's so relaxing to eat in peace with sounds of the waves in the background. I put the dishes into the dishwasher and cleaned up the table before heading to my room before my dad coughed as a signal to do our "tradition".

"I love you dad until the stars are outdone by the moon." I said in a more of a "really come on" tone.

"And I love you til' the sky outdoes the sun." My dad told me. Laughing a little at how my tiredness of saying this shown. We've been saying this since my mom left.

"Goodnight pumpkin!" he shouted before I entered my room. And I quickly shouted goodnight back before I close my door.

I took a quick shower to get all the sand out of everywhere. I changed into my undergarments and put on an oversized, red t-shirt. I climbed into my warm and cozy bed and clicked my tongue on the roof of my mouth to get my puppy bulldog, Angie, up onto my bed. I fell asleep right away.

A/N:

Hi. This is, well my first story. And just tell me if you like it? Thank you!

~ Sam