2: The Roof

Seraphina's POV

The roof was as quiet as usual, away from all the whispers of the other students. I was playing on my phone, waiting for John to get there.

Suddenly, the door to the roof opened, and a girl stepped outside. I lifted my head. Dark blue hair. Emerald green eyes. Black backpack. She noticed me and said. "Sorry. I didn't know you were up here. Mind if I eat here?"

"You can do whatever you want." She wasn't scared of me? "This roof is just as much as yours as it is mine." 

"Right, thanks." She sat down a little away from me and took out her sandwich. Did she know that I was the Ace? And who was she? 

"I haven't seen you before." I commented, trying to look like I didn't care.

She looked up. "Oh, how rude of me. I'm Stephanie, but you can call me Steph. I'm new." 

Oh, so that was it. "I'm Seraphina." I said. "But you can call me Sera. That's what John calls me."

Stephanie's smiled. "Oh, I think I know him. I sit next to him in homeroom."

"Oh, really?" I said. "What do you think of him?"

"Well," Stephanie hesitated. "I don't really know him that well, but... I think he's a bit goofy, and the way he gels his hair is hilarious. He seems like the type to hold grudges and he's not a good student." I started laughing. "But overall, I can tell he's a good guy."

I cleared my throat. "Uh, well, you do know that he's the school cripple?"

Stephanie's eyes widened slightly. "Really? He doesn't seem like it."

"Yeah." I rolled my eyes. "But he is. How about you?" I asked.

"I'm a low tier." Stephanie's face darkened, and I sort of regretted asking her. "You seem like a high tier."

I nodded. "I am. I'm the Ace of this school."

She gasped. "But you're still talking to me?"

I grinned at her reaction. "Haha. I don't care about abilities and such. After all, my best friend is a cripple."

And then John walked out.