X

FINN

The wait for Ivy's master plan to unfold was agonizing. I probably spent days in the castle's basement, with no natural light to help me tell the time. Leviathan's torture only increased in severity as time went by. I could feel myself slowly dissociating, my consciousness leaving my body, until Abaddon himself stepped in.

"I'd like to speak to him in private, if you'll let me." He said to Leviathan. His voice was surprisingly kind, as if he genuinely didn't mean to intrude.

"Sure, he's all yours." Leviathan gave me a sly grin before heading upstairs. I eyed Abaddon with caution. Had Ivy's plan worked, or was he here to punish me himself? I watched him cautiously as he stooped down in front of me - which didn't do much, seeing as he was a giant.

"You have enough power to escape from here, so why haven't you done so yet?" He stared me down with cold, dead eyes. "Are you that afraid of confrontation?"

"I have no clue how this demigod body works." I admitted. "I've been running on autopilot ever since I got it. Trust me, if I knew what exactly I was capable of, I'd be dragging you all over the Earth right now."

"You Earthlings and your tough talk." He laughed. "You put more effort into trying to convince your opponent of your might than actually defeating them."

"Most people on Earth don't grow up in a castle with the Devil as their daddy." I spat at him and smirked. "I'm sure if we were all created with the intention of destroying the world, we wouldn't have such fragile egos."

"Fragile . . . it's funny you'd use that word. Because tomorrow, we're going to see just how sturdy this demigod body of yours works." Abaddon poked my chest with his giant finger. Could this mean what I thought it did? "We will broadcast live to the whole world - the flogging of Finn the Crusader. Leviathan will conduct the ceremony, but everyone you've ever crossed in your life will also get a chance to punish you. I wonder if your own mother and aunt will take the chance, once handed the whip?" Abaddon stood and left, chortling all the way. I silently thanked Ivy. I didn't know how, but she had done it. Who would've known that the King of Hell's ego would be so easy to manipulate?

Chuckling, I stretched out my legs and looked up at the dull gray ceiling. Leviathan came back downstairs, wiping my blood from her whip.

"What are you laughing about?" She asked before suddenly giving a cheesy gasp and putting a hand over her chest. "Do you like my torture, you masochistic bastard?"

"Nope. It'd help if you were prettier, though." I spat, letting the blood from my mouth run down my chin. "I'm just reveling in the fact that I'm about to make all of you wish you'd stayed dormant. I'm not sure what battles you've fought in the past, but they'll be no - " I suddenly stopped as my body froze up. My head cocked back and my chest tightened. There was some force reaching out to me, more than likely from somewhere beyond Hell. Otherwise, the pain of being tracked down wouldn't be this immense. My vision faded from the dank ceiling of Leviathan's dungeon to a jungle. I could see three figures, but they were out of focus, like I was looking at them through a dirty camera lens. A voice reached me through the confusion, one that I know all too well.

Lilith.

She had sent out a beacon, I realized. She wanted to know where I was, and wanted me to know where she was. My vision focused and I spotted Luna next to her. She was fine, thankfully. I breathed a sigh of relief at the sight of her. But I still couldn't focus on the third figure. I could make out that they were taller than Luna and Lilith, and they were wearing dark clothing. But their other features were taking longer to register with me. Before I could figure out who they were, I found myself back in Leviathan's lair.

"What was that, a seizure?" She said, panting. When I simply smiled at her in response, she kicked me right in the jaw.

"Is that worry I hear in your voice? For little old me?" I taunted her. "After only a couple of dates? You're too clingy."

"If you're not conscious this isn't any fun." Leviathan retaliated, hitting me in the forehead with a belt buckle. "Abaddon told me about the public whipping. Everyone else will use the standard whip, but me? I've got something special lined up for such a broad audience. It'll make you wish you never decided to play the hero."

"Oh, I'm counting on that."

WYNNE

My sister was getting better, slowly. She didn't self depreciate as often, and I even caught her smiling sometimes. We weren't working as much, either. Leviathan didn't care about how messy her room was now that she had a plaything in the basement. Combine that with Abaddon planning for whatever he wanted to do to Finn, and we had plenty of time to convene with Ivy about our next steps.

"The fact of the matter is, Leviathan is stronger than Finn right now." I said solemnly. "If given time to heal and learn more about his demigod body, he could possibly defeat her. But of course, we don't have that time. So, it's on us to make it so that he doesn't have to fight his way out."

"The King said that anyone he's ever crossed in life will get a chance to whip him." Ivy added. "All three of us fit that description, so all three of us have reason to be on site. That makes things a bit easier for us. The only question is, how do we create a diversion strong enough to keep the entire army of Hell preoccupied long enough for him to break free and get as far away as possible?" I plopped down on Leviathan's bed and sighed. Two of us were angels with little to no power, and the other was a half-demon who didn't fully understand her strength. We needed someone else to be there. Someone who was strong, but also had a convincing reason to beat Finn.

"The Serpent's firstborn." Raven croaked. I looked over at her. She was staring down at her feet with her hands at her sides. Even when trying to help her son, she was overcome with shame.

"The army will definitely be prepared for her. I'm sure they're counting on her arrival." I shook my head. "She's definitely stubborn enough to walk into the trap, but I'm sure there's a contingency plan for her arrival that involves sending Finn right back to this castle. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if the King's only doing this to lure her in, regardless of Ivy's words."

"They never fought." Raven said, dismissing my worries. "She fought the other brother with Finn, she even fought her father briefly. But she and the King never locked horns. I'm sure that's not by coincidence, that's his doing. She can beat him. Maybe not with the way things are right now, but she definitely can given the right scenario. Which means that even with his entire army by his side, the King would have a problem getting rid of her. Especially if she sees Finn tied up and whipped, and flies into a fit of rage."

"You're devious, sister." I walked over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. "We'll have our day in the sun again. Now come on, let's get some rest before the whipping."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

As many of you know, I created a backup page called @tsirobinson due to fear of my account being hacked. However, after a few months, this account hasn't shown much suspicious activity and might be secure again. Therefore, I'll be resuming activity on this page, while continuing to use the other page as a backup. (This chapter was already posted on the other account, btw.)