VIII

IVY

I watched on a large screen as Leviathan and her squadron closed in on Finn and Lilith. They had been hiding out in Australia all this time. It was no shock that Abaddon and his army had overlooked it. With so little religious history compared to the rest of the world, it was the perfect place to blend into human life. But they had been found, tracked down after their stunt in London.

I eagerly waited for the fighting to begin. If Finn was back to being the fighter he had been before, he wouldn't even consider coming peacefully. I was expecting to see bloodshed.

"Crusader!" Leviathan called out to their house. "Come out and come willingly, if you want to reach the King in one piece." She paused, but there was no answer. I leaned closer to the screen, looking for any sign of Finn, but there was nothing.

"He has yet to grow tired of hiding, it seems." Abaddon groaned beside me. Seeing as he towered fifteen feet above me, being his wife was not a very desirable position. But luckily, he did it as a formality rather than an act of lust. I had harbored him momentarily during his awakening, so this was my repayment.

"Alright then, storm the place." Leviathan commanded her soldiers. They moved in on the house, only to be wiped out by a wave of fire. It burned jet black and brilliant orange. Finn.

He moved so quickly I could barely make him out. Flashes of him and his fire popped up on the screen until it was only him and Leviathan remaining. Now that he stood still, I could get a good look at him. He looked mostly the same, aside from the beard and orange eyes. Even under his baggy clothing I could tell he was muscular. He truly had surpassed me, even though during our first fight we were neck and neck in terms of strength.

"Hmm, Demigods aren't really all they're chalked up to be. You may live forever, but I'm sure I could break you in a matter of days." Leviathan grinned maniacally. "Wait, where's the rogue child?" I watched as a purple flash - Lilith - appeared behind Leviathan and engulfed her. She screamed in pain, but her cries quickly changed to laughter.

"I'm not a demon, nor am I an angel, sweetheart, don't you remember? You're going to have to try harder with me." She grabbed Lilith by her throat and slammed her down into the ground. Finn rushed in to help her, but a blast of water rose from the sea and slammed him into their house.

"What . . . what is she?" I asked. Abaddon gave me a cocky smirk.

"A monster of the seas." He explained. "Her true form is an odd creature. It appears to be a cross between a megalodon, a whale, and a dragon. Whatever she truly is, she was powerful enough to create her own gateway to Hell millions of years ago without conscious thought. My father appointed her as a Crown Princess of Hell in the absences of my sibling and I, but she too was put to sleep some thousands of years ago. She's hungry from being away for so long, so I'm sure you'll get to see what she's truly made of some time soon." I stared at the giant red man in horror, and back at the screen. Leviathan didn't look like much, but then again, neither did Lilith or Lucifer in their human forms. Her being a giant monster in actuality wasn't too far-fetched.

Leviathan hoisted Lilith into the air, still strangling her with one hand. 

"I'd love to enjoy you, keep you all to myself, but your daddy has plans for you." She held up her other hand and a whirlpool opened up in the sea. Leviathan threw Lilith in as if she were weightless and shut the vortex.

"As for you," Leviathan shifted her focus back to Finn, pouncing on him and pinning him to the ground. "I haven't received any specific instructions on what to do with you, just to punish and humiliate you. Once that's done, I can keep you all to myself." She let out another deranged cackle as she began to choke him. It seemed like he was fading, as if Leviathan was easily overpowering him.