"You're Bleeding." "It's Just A Scratch" - Charles Leclerc

Requested by; emz353

Prompt; 44 - "You're bleeding" "It's just a scratch"

Request; Reader works as a detective and is working a case when something happens, while at the station Charles comes to visit her and sees her bleeding, reader hasn't realized she's bleeding because accidents on scene happens so many times she's gotten use to it.

••••

"Detective (Your Last Name), There's been another body." One of your co-workers say, you nod your head standing up from the desk.

"Where? When?" You ask grabbing your jacket and keys from the table. "Same M.O?"

"Exact same M.O, some hiker found the body near the mountains when he was about to start his hike and called it in." Your co-worker say, you nod your head and walks towards the door.

"All right, thank you, send me the coordinates to my GPS." You say exiting the building, you walk towards your car and climbed in, putting the key into the ignition, you pull out of the parking space and drive onto the main road, the GPS beeped signaling that a new destination was added.

You arrive on scene and got out of your car walking towards the body, you saw the hiker being interviewed and forensics looking at the body, you step up next to Jolene, one of the forensics people.

"What can you tell me?" You ask.

"Well.. he was shot, from a distance." Jolene says. "I pulled this out of him, I can only assume it's from a snipers riffle." Jolene says holding up a small bag that held a bullet in it.

"Where would it have been shot from?" You ask, Jolene points to the left of her.

"My guess.. it should have came from there." Jolene says, you nod your head.

"I'll go check it out then." You say before walking past her, you slowly walk up the mountain looking on the ground for any sign of a casing of even a shoe print, suddenly you were pushed into one of the trees, scratching your arm and leaving small scratches. "Agh." You groaned as you hit the tree, you push your attacker off from you and pulled your gun as he pulled a knife. "Drop the knife."

"Drop the gun." Your attacker says and swings his knife towards you, his knife slashes your forearm as you stepped back, your team of officers spots you a little higher up in the mountain with your gun drawn and quickly rushes towards you, they spot the attacker and surround him.

"You're under arrest.. murder and assaulting an officer." You say, the attacker looks around him realize he's surrounded. "Drop the knife." You say, he hesitates for a second before dropping the knife, one of the officers steps up behind the man and brings his arms to his back telling him his rights. "Put him in one of the interview rooms." You say before walking back down the mountain.

"(Y/N) Are you okay? You're bleeding." Jolene says, you glance down at your arm.

"Oh.. right, I'll clean it when I get back to the station.. finish up here, we might have the murderer, but we need to be sure before we charge him." You instruct, Jolene nods her head and you walk away back to your car, you drive back to the police station.

You step into the building and papers for the case you were doing was handed to you, you walk past the front desk and spot Charles sitting by your desk waiting for you, you smile to yourself and walk towards him, his back was facing you and a pencil was in his hand.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" You ask walking up behind him, Charles quickly spins around in his chair.

"I came to visit you.." Charles says, his eyes fall to your bleeding forearm. "You're bleeding!" Charles says getting up from his chair. "What happened? Are you going to be okay?" Charles asks franticly, you glance down at your arm.

"Oh.. rights.. It's just a scratch." You say.

"Just a scratch? It's doesn't seem like a scratch, a scratch is when your cat claws at you." Charles says.

"Charles.. I'm fine, I'm okay.. really." You say. "It's happened so many times..:

"Many times? What?" Charles says before sitting down on the chair.

"Yeah.. I'm used to it, don't worry.. flesh wound, I'll go clean it up in a minute." You say placing the case file down on your desk.

"What about.. those?" Charles ask pointing to the smaller scratches.

"Oh.. The suspect pushed me into a tree and it scratched me, he then pulled a knife and swung it towards me.. I stepped away a second too late and he got me here..." You explain, you could see him pale a little.

"He swung a knife at you?" Charles asks softly.

"But I'm fine.. I'll go clean it and you'll see it's not even that bad." You say, Charles only nods his head so you decided this was your cue to go clean it, you stood in the bathroom washing the blood from your arm, as you suspected, the cut wasn't that bad or that big, you dry your arm and leave the bathroom, you walk back to your desk and saw Charles still sitting in the same position he was before you left. "See.." Charles looks at your arm.

"It's big.." Charles says.

"It's not that big.." You say. "It's not that bad.. It's fine, I don't need stitches." You say, Charles nods his head.

"Okay.. but, is this guy the murderer?" Charles asks, you shrug before sitting down by your desk.

"I don't know, Jolene will run his DNA through the system from the first victim and then we'll know." You say, Charles nods his head.

"But... if he is, he could have killed you.." Charles says, you let out a sigh.

"I had a gun." You say. "I was perfectly safe, like they always say in those action movies, you don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

"(Y/n)." Charles whines making you laugh.

"Charles.. you know my job is a risk.. but it's always rewarding when I put the bad guys away, even if I have to get a little scratch like this." You say, Charles let's out a sigh.

"Okay... I actually came to ask if you wanted to go out for lunch." Charles says, you nod your head.

"Yeah.. I'd like that." You say. "My lunch is in a few minutes, I'll ask Detective Jayson to question the suspect."

"Detective Jayson?" Charles asks, you nod your head standing up from your desk.

"Yes.. Detective Lara Jayson." You say picking up the file.

"Lara?" Charles asks, you nod your head once again. "Like.. female?"

"Yes, she is intact a female, so no need to get jealous." You say.

"I wasn't jealous." Charles says standing up from his chair.

"You were so." You say walking to Detective Jayson's desk.

••••

Total word count;

1 055