Here goes nothing~ Chapter 7

Start from the beginning

"Your only mistake was ruining someone's teeth?" Jason asked. He had been leaning against a desk with his arms crossed casually. Percy was next to him, looking bored.

"Yes." Nick looked down. "I even promised to fix my mistake but they killed me anyway."

Nico thought about this. Clearly, he didn't do anything wrong enough to deserve an severe punishment. Maybe they could get the ghosts out of this.

"Thank you Sir Nicholas, you can go." Nico told the ghost. Nick seemed calm as he floated away.

"What are you thinking?" Percy asked Nico.

"I'm not sure yet."

"He hasn't done anything wrong." Rose spoke out. "None of them have."

"We can't be so sure about that Rose." Albus said. "What about the bloody baron? He murdered someone."

Nico looked up at the two wizards. Scorpius was in between them, looking tense.

"He killed someone?" Nico asked them. Albus seemed to see his mistake.

"He regrets it." Albus tried to cover.

"Regret isn't justice." Nico said sharply. He turned towards Percy and Jason. "I need to speak to my father. I don't know what to do now."

Nico walked out of the room and started to head towards the room of requirement. He made it about halfway before he was stopped.

"Nico!"

He turned around to see Rose chasing after him.

"Wait." She caught up with him. "There has to be a way to keep them here."

Nico shook his head.

"It's more complicated than that. Every being has to go through a trial. None of these ghosts did. It's Hades' job to make sure the dead go where they need to be and if Olympus find out that he missed an entire school full of dead people, there will be big trouble."

Rose looked at him helplessly. Then she looked down and seemed to think of something.

"What if this is where they're supposed to be?"

Nico looked at her, perplexed.

"What if they can serve their time here? Tell Hades that they are serving their time here and don't need to go through a trial."

Nico sighed. Then he thought for a second. Maybe that would work. He doubted that his father would be okay with ghosts being out of the underworld. Then again, he had proven himself flexible before, like when he allowed Orpheus to take his wife back.

"I'll try my best."

"Good." Rose smiled. "Now who is Hades?"

Nico knew he was forgetting something.

______________________________________________________________

"Wait so gods are real?" Albus asked. "And you're their children?"

"Yup." Percy answered. The six of them had met in the room of requirement to talk about the situation.

"And your father," Scorpius gestured to Nico. "Is Hades, and he wants to take to the ghosts away."

"You are correct." Nico told them.

"So what are we gonna do?" Albus asked.

"Well hopefully, I can get my father to see that this is the right place for the ghosts. That they are innocent enough to stay or serving the right punishment here."

Percy and Jason looked at Nico. They both had supportive looks on their faces. Maybe that was why he brought them along.

"It's definitely worth a shot." Jason said. Percy nodded in agreement.

"Here goes nothing." Nico said as he went over to the fountain, a coin in hand, ready to call his father.

 Happy Holidays to all! I have no excuses for not updating except that the seasonal depression is hitting hard. Sorry about that. The plan is to write at least one more chapter before my break is up, because I should have way too much free time.

Thank you all so much for your support! I've gotten a ton of votes and reads these last few months and I appreciate each and every one of you guys that are reading my story. I'm sorry for keeping you guys waiting but just know that every comment and vote makes me want to update so much more. 

This fall was busy so I'm hoping to write a lot more in 2019 when I am less busy. Once again, thank you all so much.

Happy Holidays!!