Chapter Twenty Eight: Jade's Secret

Jade pov

'Oh...you love Perrie?' says Kane,

'Yeah...yeah I do, but there's a secret,' I reply.

'A secret? What's the secret? C'mon, you can tell me!'

'Well, basically, the truth is... Perrie went to my old school in South Shields and we were best friends, then one day last summer she asked me to be her girlfriend...and I said yes!'

'Ahhh, that's so cute!'

'Yeah, it was, being in a relationship with Perrie was literally the best time of my life. But then...'

'But then...what?'

'Perrie moved away from South Shields to this school here in London, and my whole world was torn apart. I didn't talk to anyone for days, my other friends drifted away from me, and then my mam and dad split up, my brother went away to university...I had no one. Perrie and I were still in a relationship, but she barely spoke to me anymore. That's when it happened...'

'What happened?'

I took another deep breath.

'I cheated on Perrie. It's true. I knew it was the wrong thing to do but i needed someone to mend the gaping hole in the heart that had been left from Perrie leaving as well as all the other things that had happened afterwards, like my parents splitting up,' I explain, 'I needed someone to bring light back into my life. That's when I found Ella. She was who I cheated on Perrie with, but she helped me through my darkest hours and after a while I forgot about Perrie, and I felt happier.'

'Oh...well I'm sorry that you had such a tough time...I can see how this Ella made you happier, but cheating wasn't really the right decision.'

'I know, I'm sorry.'

'It's alright, it didn't affect me. I presume you two aren't together anymore?'

'No.'

'Fair enough.'

'Kane?'

'Yeah?'

'Do you think that the reason why Perrie hated me when she first saw me at this school...was because she found out about Ella?'

'I really don't know, to be honest. It could have played a part, but I don't know if she knew about it. Why don't you ask her?'

'I'm too scared,' I laugh a little.

'Well, if you never ask, you'll never know,' Kane replies.

Suddenly Kane's phone starts buzzing.

'Ah look, Hobi wants to facetime us!'

'Cool! I wonder if he has any advice for Taehyung!'

'Maybe he does!'