Chapter Five: Boys...

(Jade pov)

The next lesson is art. One of the only school subjects aside from English and Music that I really like - it is so relaxing, I often get absorbed in my work as I pour feelings on to a page, bright colours or soft neutrals. Painting, drawing, collage, wirework, clay modelling, printing, you name it, I like it.

The art teacher, Miss George, tells us that our new topic is surrealism. I listen in, interested, but I am distracted by a mass of soft, floppy black hair, and next to it, dirty blonde hair. Two boys. My heart perks up.

Oh dear, Jade, are we getting into boy mode again? Another crush or two?

The dirty blonde turns, and I am face to face with gorgeous green eyes and tanned skin and a jawline that could slice through stone. My heart stops.
The boy grins, and I feel the burn as my heart reignites the roaring flame of probably my 2527862378th crush.

Oops. How typical.

'Umm...hey!' I say, doing cringey jazz hands and flashing an awkward smile. Wow. Fantastic start, Jade Amelia!
'What's up, cutie?' he says, with a flirty smirk. I flush deep crimson.
'Who, me?' I ask, flipping my hair and winking, only to be greeted with a look of confusion from the boy.

'What are you on about, weirdo?'
'Wh-what do you mean?' I ask nervously, flashing yet another awkward smile.
'I wasn't talking to you,' huffs the boy.
'He's so hot, ain't he?' says a girl behind me. I turn, and see a gorgeous girl with black-brown hair and green eyes, even more green than Jesy's eyes. She was so pretty my eyes stung.
'Well too bad, he's already mine,' she boasts, 'I'm Lauren Jauregui, by the way.'

I sink down into my seat, blinking back tears. My art work sits neglected.