"Because, when faced with the one that hurt you the most, don't show that they affect you at all." He pushes away from me.
"I assume you know the way out."

And just like that, he disappears into a dark room, slamming the door.

What have I done?

"You needed to talk? What's wrong?" Ryder walks through my front door, worry stricken.

Nobody is home except me, so I don't even bother going into my room.

"You left me."

"What are you talking about?" He tries to step toward me, but I step back.

"At the party. I was asleep, the cops came and you left me there." I almost sneer.

"Oh...I'm so sorry babe. But, you weren't completely alone." His sheepish smile soon turning into one of fear from the furious look on my face.

"Really, Ryder? Wow." I humorlessly laugh.
"You were my ride home for Christ's sake!"

"I know, and I'm really sorry. I was drunk and didn't know what to do. If I would've never drank that much, I wouldn't even have had the audacity to leave you somewhere like that." He looks down at his feet, ashamed.

I feel my stiff body relax from his words, my anger dying down.

He looks up, stepping towards me. I stay in my place, watching him take my hands in his.

He drops his face down close to mine, our lips almost touching.

"I would never try to hurt you...or leave you at a busted party." He laughs, his hot breath fanning my face.

I can't help the smile that breaks out on my face, my frustration and anger fully died down.

He connects his lips to mine, giving me a soft and sweet kiss.

His hand lingers on my cheek after we part, the warmth spreading throughout my body.

"Just...please, don't do it again?" I look into his bright blue eyes.

"Promise."

Blake's POV:

Walking through the school doors, I curse out loud.

I'm late.

I don't know what happened. I was having this dream, a dream that I don't even remember. It was about something that seemed important. So important that it made me sleep through my alarm.

I walk further down the halls, almost turning down another until I hear voices.

Everyone should be in class.

I stop just at the corner, hiding myself from whoever is skipping class behind the wall. Putting my ear as close as I can, I eavesdrop to figure out who it is. You never know who's out here, whoever it is, they might snitch.

"You need to go through with your our plan now, Ryder. It's the best time." Some girl speaks.

Plan? Ryder?

Wait, is that...Molly?

"I can't." Ryder speaks.

"And why can't you?" Molly, asks.

"I don't want to do that to Danny." Ryder answers.

"What happened to breaking her heart because she broke your ego?" Molly sneers.

"That was before actually got to know her."

"Oh, please. Don't tell me you've fallen in love with her." She spits, venom dripping from her tone.

My breath hitches in the back of my throat.

Ryder can't love her, can he?

Did I really lose her?

"I don't love her, I just really care about her. I like her a lot and I don't want to hurt her." His voice softens.

I sigh a breath of relief, holding a hand over my mouth to keep myself from giving away my hiding position.

He doesn't love her.

"Stop being a pussy and get it done! We agreed to both go through with this plan, remember? I get Blake to be with me, you get Danny and shatter her."

What the hell? She isn't getting anywhere near me. And Danielle doesn't deserve this.

"Well, not anymore." Ryder's firm voice sounds like the end, but to my dismay, it's not.

"Oh, I think you will. You see, I have my ways to getting anything I want. One phone call and you can kiss that football scholarship goodbye. Might I go on?" Molly taunts.

It's quiet, no other words are spoken.

I begin to turn around the corner, until she speaks again. I quickly regain cover.

"That's what I thought. We'll be going forward with the plan tomorrow. Got it?!"

"Got it."

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

A/N: Hey! I hope everyone had a great Christmas!! I tried to get this chapter out on Christmas day, but I had a little bit of a writer's block. So, here it is. The finished product. The aftermath of millions of questions and confused ideas. I'm off of school for another week and a half, so I'll try to get as many chapters as I can out.

Thank you all for still supporting me and the book. Thank you all for reading and voting! And thank you for all of your comments! I love getting notifications and seeing all of what everyone says.

Anyways, thank you so much for reading!!!!

        Read. Vote. Comment.

~ Hayleigh 💕