Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Choices

Mitch: I couldn't believe what just happened to my family and I. We're suppose to be a royal family not an immortal family although it would be interesting and amusing to not ever worry about dying it's not something I would want for me or my family. I didn't want this to happen to me. Why couldn't the vampire go after someone else instead of my family. We'll never be the same ever again. No longer will we be able to eat at the table like a normal family does. We no longer eat food. We must now drink. I went to talk to my brother and my parents. They explained to me what happened to them too. Both my parents were sleeping when they felt something bite their arms and felt a burning feeling all over their bodies they described it as fire running through their bodies. My brother told me he went to washroom to go rinse off his face when he was attacked by the vampire, but just because we were vampires did not mean that we were not still of royal blood. We were the royal family of England. My mother is still a queen and my father is still a king. I was still a prince and so was my brother. Of course things were different now but we're just going to have to deal with it. Everyone knows that vampires drink blood and it's mostly from humans but we decided that we did not want to harm any humans because it wouldn't be right. We decided to hunt animals instead. Animal blood and human blood were the same thing and although people say it's the humans blood that makes us stronger that is not true. In fact animal blood is probably 10 times stronger than regular human blood which means animal blood makes us stronger. It was about 4 am and I needed to hunt since I was getting really thirsty. The rest of my family tagged along. It would only take a few minutes to hunt or even just a few seconds. There was a big forrest at the back of the castle so it was obviously filled with animals to feed on. I changed my clothes and waited for my family in my room. When they got to my room we all jumped out my window and ran to the Forrest. I loved the feeling of running and I still do. It's like having the speed of a rocket and running fast like bullet. I remember seeing my brother go in one direction to the forrest and my parents going another direction. So I knew I had to split up too. As I was running I could hear the sound of everything in the forrest and I could see very clearly. My vision was stronger than a magnifying glass. I stopped for a second and I looked around for a bit. That'a when I saw it. A deer. It looked at me and stayed still. As I started to approach it, it ran for it's life but it obviously couldn't have gotten away from me. I quickly just took two steps and the deer was all mine. I tried my best not to rip it apart so I just bit it instead. I felt complete when I was drinking the blood. I drained the blood out of the poor animal but I had to. It was the only way to survive. I was proud of myself. My first kill and it was with an animal and not a human. I knew if I could keep this up then humans would be no problem whatsoever. It was almost 5 am and the sun was about to rise. My family and I needed to head back to the castle before the maids would come to wake us up from our sleep, but after what happened they would no longer need to do that. Everyone headed back to the castle except for my mother. She needed to go see Emily. She's my mother's best friend and also a witch. Technically our family witch. Emily has been around for thousands of years she's very old but she does not age. She looks about 40 years old. My mother went to see her because she needed a very big favor from her. Everyone knows that vampires cannot be out and sun because it would burn their skin and eventually kill them for good. My mom went to see Emily to see if she could change that. My mom and Emily have always been close together for a long a time so it was no problem for Emily. Before my mother asked Emily for the favor she told Emily about what had happened to her. Emily told her she already knew that she was a vampire because she sensed it. She's a witch so i'm sure my mother wasn't surprised.My mom asked Emily if it was possible to make the sun not burn vampires and for vampires to go out in the sun and Emily told her it was no problem. All she asked for was a little of my mother's blood to perform her spell. In order for her spell to work she needed something that could link back to her spell so since my mother asked for the sun not to effect vampires by her giving a little of her blood it would link to spell and make it possible. Emily grabbed a knife and slowly pricked my mother's finger. It started to bleed a little and she told my mother to places a few drops of blood on her table. Emily performed the spell and it was successful. Vampires could now go out in the sun without worrying of dying or burning. My mother came back to the castle and went to a shower although she did not need to take showers anymore she still felt like she had to. I had no problems with her decision. When my mother was done showering she called my brother and my father and I. She told us that we needed to make a choice. Since we live in a castle full of guards , servants and much more they we're going to question about our pale skin. We couldn't risk telling everyone about our our kind so we had to keep it on a very low word. The only people who we would tell we're the ones we trusted and that was our servants. The rest did not need to know. Villagers and other people would wonder why our skin is so pale so we decided to make a royal announcement that the reason for that is because of a harmful family condition we had where eventually our skin would turn pale and that it was nothing to worry about. We had everything covered to make sure nothing would go wrong.