20: Woken by the Beatles

*15th December 1971*

I WAS SLEEPING SOUNDLY in Roger's bed, dreaming of beautiful things. I was warm and I was surrounded by Roger's comforting scent. Roger got up a wee while ago and left me half asleep.

Suddenly I felt the bed go down slightly as someone lent down towards me. I knew it was Roger. His arms were either side of me and it seemed like he was leaning down to kiss my head. I smiled lightly as his face got closer to my head.

"HEY JUDE, DON'T MAKE IT BAD," my dreams were interrupted and my hopes that Roger was about to sweetly kiss my head disappeared. He sang loudly in my ear to wake me up and I groaned loudly.

"Go away," I whined, pushing his face away and drifting back into a half sleeping state.

Then I was rudely woken up again when I felt something cold and wet being poured onto my face.

"Take a sad song and make it better!" Roger sang quietly this time, holding a small glass of water above my head.

"Roger!" I cried, wiping the cold water off my face. "Please let me sleep," I pulled the covers up to my chin and closed my eyes tightly.

"Oh dear," Roger said but I didn't ask him what was wrong. "That's not good is it? Jules, darling, I'm afraid it's time to get up now," and with that, he swiftly grabbed hold of the covers and pulled them off my body. I immediately pulled my legs up to my chest to try to generate some heat.

"Roger! What's wrong with you?" I squealed, shivering as the cold air hit my bare arms.

"It's time to get up, love," he replied simply.

"Why?"

"Because it's 12 o'clock and you need to get up because I'm bored of being by myself. I thought I'd be nice and let you sleep but I got lonely so I came to wake you up,"

"But couldn't you do it nicely?" I whined.

"But where's the fun in that? I told you, I got bored. Now," he lunged forward and I flinched away from him. "It's time to get up I said," he grabbed me and hauled me into his arms, bridal style.

"Roger! Put me down!" I half giggled, half screamed.

He set me down on my feet and kissed my temple. "At least you're up now," he started. "Please come and entertain me,"

"Roger, I'm not here to entertain you,"

"What are you talking about? Of course you are!" He replied, patting my shoulder and making his way out the room. "I'll be down stairs,"

Well, at least it was my day off today.

I pulled my dressing gown on and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was messy (and slightly wet) and my bruises were obvious but I felt good today. Maybe it was the laugh I'd gotten from Roger but I really felt like today was finally going to be a good day.

Suddenly, a loud crashing sound and a high pitched scream was heard from downstairs. I jumped a mile in the air and ran to the top of the stairs.

"Roger? Roger, are you okay?!"

"Jules, please come down here," fear was evident in his voice and I rushed downstairs to the kitchen where he was.

"What is it, darling?" I asked, my voice full of worry. "What's wrong?" He looked terrified as he pointed to the counter.

There, on the counter was a medium sized spider.

"Roger, it's only a wee spider," I cooed, annoyed that I'd run all the way downstairs for a spider.

"I hate spiders," he whimpered which made me laugh.

"This is what you get for waking me up like you did. I might not even help you," I said, crossing my arms and turning my head to the side with a smile.

"Jules, please, I'm not joking. Please do something,"

"What will you give me in return?"

"Anything you want," Roger pleaded.

"Anything?"

"Anything," he clarified and I shrugged.

"Might as well then," I said, walking forward, grabbing a glass and a bit of paper. I sat the glass on top of the spider to trap it, slipped the paper under the glass and swiftly threw the spider out the window.

"That was easy," I giggled, "You're a big Jesse,"

"What?"

"Oh my god, I need to teach you more about Scotland. A Jesse is a coward," I translated.

"Shut up! I have an actual proper phobia of spiders. Thank you for dealing with it though. What do you want in return?"

"Oh, I'll decide that later," I tapped my nose and made my way back upstairs. "I'm going to get changed,"

"I'll make you something to eat,"

"Actually, Rog, I'll make it when I get back down because. No offence, but you're not the best cook in the world,"

——————————————

Roger and I sat at his kitchen table eating the food I'd made. We sat in a comfortable silence. Roger had really made me laugh this morning; I hadn't laughed in so long and it felt really good.

"Did you enjoy your wake up call this morning? I was thinking about doing that every morning," Roger wondered, his finger on his chin.

"Roger, you're going to regret doing that. When I'm working, I'm always awake before you so you better watch out,"

"Shit, I didn't think of that,"

"Sleep with one eye open, darling," I giggled.

"When are you going to use up your 'I'll do anything for you' card? I have a few ideas about what I could do if you're stuck," He wiggled his eyebrows at me and I knew Roger Taylor enough to know what he was talking about.

"Roger! How could you suggest something like that? I'm too innocent for that,"

"Really? You weren't all that innocent the other night, love,"

I gasped, blushed and leaned over to slap his arm. "Roger!"

"What?" He acted all innocent, "I'm just stating a fact,"

"Well don't!" I told him, looking down to hide my red face.

"Oh, by the way, we're doing a gig tonight; wanna come along?"

"Roger, I told you a long time ago that I would be at all your gigs, you don't even need to ask if I want to," I said.

"What did I do to deserve you?" He asked, picking my hand up that was sitting on the table and raising my knuckles to his lips. He pressed a gentle kiss to the back of my hand.

"The question is: what on earth did I do to deserve you?"

———————————————

A/N

I hope you guys enjoyed this sweet little chapter. It was getting a bit too dramatic for my liking so I wanted to put a wee light chapter in.

Also, I'm with Roger. I'm terrified of spiders but I thought it would be funny to have Julie have to save her knight in shining armour from a wee spider.

I'll maybe update again today, we'll see.

Keep reading!

Xx