Journey to Recovery

Sorry I took so long I just had no inspo

-----

Ayato slept in a spare room that kaneki had since he lived alone. He didn't really leave his bed as he was still quite feeble and weak, so Kaneki would constantly take care of Ayato, although kaneki started to have feelings to the boy. Ayato was still not himself, yknow the angry teen, but kaneki didn't care.

Ayato one day started to have a bad reaction to some of the medicine Kaneki had gave him and was sick and started to cry as he was sick of this. Kaneki ran in wide eyed full of worry as he gave Ayato a bucket and started to clean up and then got him some water. After he had cleaned up he looked at Ayato and saw Ayato with his hair covering most of his face crying and coughing. It broke his heart to see him like this so he sat beside Ayato and tied the back of his hair up and rubbed his back mumbling "you okay now?...." Ayayo kept looking down with sad half open eyes and mumbled back "no and you know that..." he sniffed and pushed Kaneki's hand away turning his back to him and lay down. Kaneki sighed deeply and said as he looked at the other males blue locks that faced him now, "I know....but it will take some time to get you back to health...hopefully you can restart and I'll help you Ayato, I'm here for you"

Ayato was listening as he bit his lip, he never knew anyone liked or cared for him and after all that happened he didn't know if he could do the same. He slowly turned around and saw kaneki looking at his feet sadly and he said "Hey...eyepatch...thanks...". This made kaneki smile softly as he looked up at Ayato and then gently hugged him as Ayato flinched but felt less scared but more....safe. He hugged kaneki back as the two sat on the bed together and that night when Ayato has fallen asleep in Kaneki's arms he lay them both down and fell asleep.