Chapter 9

(THIS CHAPTER WILL CONTAIN SAL GIVING BIRTH SKIP IF YOU WANT TO)

That's it Sal's finally in labor but 4 weeks early. He just started his 8th month. "Wait seriously" Larry responds only earning a groan of pain from Sal. "Ok ok, Sal mom what do we do" Larry responds and looks at his mother.  "Sal take a deep breath in and out, I'll go call your dad"Lisa responds. "Lar bear I need you to stay calm for Sal and your twins ok," Lisa told her son only earning a nod from her panicked son. Larry ran up to Sal as Sal groaned from another contraction and Larry just held him. Only 5 minutes later Sal's dad was knocking on the door so they grab Sal's hospital bag and they left speeding to the hospital as Sal cried from the pain getting kisses and encouragement from Larry. Once they got to the hospital they checked in Sal had to be put in a wheelchair because the pain made it impossible to walk. They got in their room the nurses helped Sal get into the bed. "Do you epidural Mr.Fisher?" the nurse asked, Sal just shook his head no.thanks to Todd's research an epidural is still pretty new in the industry at the time so he doesn't trust it. The contractions are getting closer each minute so it won't long before Sal's water breaks. Sal is crying from the pain but everybody's encouraging him Larry's giving Sal all the love in the world giving him kisses on the forehead (forgot to mention Sal was told to take his mask off by the nurses) and telling him everything gonna be okay. Sal was currently stuck at 6cm dilated. He needed to be at 10 to start pushing. Finally Sal's water breaks.  Dr. Zichi checked Sal again "ok Sal you're still stuck at 6 cm so I need to give youMisoprostol it will make your contractions occur more frequently but are you sure you don't want an epidural because it does make the contractions a lot more painful" Dr. Zichi stated. Sal still stood by of not wanting it. 15 hours later of excruciating pain Sal was finally 10 cm dilated. "Ok Sal you are finally 10 cm" Dr. Zichi announced. earning a smile from everybody in the room. "Now let's get you arranged to have these kids" Dr. Zichi stated as Larry helped Sal position himself. They had to have two people in the room only because of how many nurses had to be there. "Lisa you should stay you've been through this before you could help him a lot more than I could, "Henry tells Larry's mom earning a nod from her. Henry left the room and Lisa and Larry held Sal's legs back while Larry also grabbed Sal's hand. "Everything gonna is gonna be alright Sal," Lisa tells the bluenette."Ok, Sal on the next contraction I need you to push to the count of ten ok" Dr. Zichi instructed. Sal just nodded and looked at Larry, Sal was terrified "Hey hey Sal it's gonna be ok" Larry tells Sal pushing his bangs out of his face. Not even a minute later Sal gets a major contraction and pushes as Dr.Zichi counts. "10" Zichi states and Sal stops. Contractions are coming one after the other and then after 20 minutes of pushing and encouragement, they hear their first baby "Its a girl" Dr. Zichi announces laying the crying newborn on Sal's stomach. "A girl Larry we have a daughter," Sal says happily. Not long their next one was ready to make an appearance so a nurse took the baby girl and starts cleaning her and weighing her "8 lbs 7 oz" she states. Sal is still pushing out her twin but smiles. Then finally more cries fill the room "It's another girl" Dr.zichi states putting her on Sal's stomach then she stops crying and Sal starts to panic. Dr.Zichi takes over to a nurse who starts to suction her airways "No no not again" Larry states terrified. (for those of you who don't know Larry's younger sister was stillborn or died during birth) The relief washes over them as she starts to cry again then the other nurse takes her cleans her and weigh her "6lbs 2 oz" the nurse announces. Sal and Larry were crying tears of joy as they were handed their baby girls. The larger baby girl had blue hair and blue eyes with Larry's mole and skin tone. While the smaller newborn had brown hair and brown eyes with freckles and Sal's skin tone. They let Sal's dad in he looks at the couple and their two newborns. "Hey dad I was right they're both girls," Sal says jokingly. A nurse comes in with their birth certificates full names please" she asked. Sal and Larry looked at each other. "The one with blue hair Diane Jetta Johnson and the one with brown hair Lilly Etta Johnson" Sal responded while Larry nodded in agreement. "beautiful names thank you" The nurse replied writing them down. Then there was a knock at the doorway "Hey guys" Ashley stated everybody from our friend group was here with gifts. "Its two girls," Larry said. Todd walked up to them"Addison wanted me to give you this Sal" Todd says handing him a box. Sal handed Larry Lilly and he opened it  "Awww" is all Sal could say.

 Sal handed Larry Lilly and he opened it  "Awww" is all Sal could say

"Larry look," Sal said showing him

"Larry look," Sal said showing him. Larry just smiled "Who told you Sal had the twins," Larry asked his friends. "His dad told us" Todd responded. "anyway let's get these girls dressed, "Sal says changing the subject. Lilly got the ladybug onesie while Diane got the green and yellow one. Now Larry was holding Lilly and Sal was holding Diane. Lilly started to fall asleep "Are you sleepy Ladybug?" Larry said smiling and everybody looked at him and they were having a cuteness overload. They were so happy but this is only the beginning.