Chapter 2

An obnoxious, high pitch laugh rung through the school hallway, half deafening the students of overwatch high. Everyone knew that laugh and, sadly, knew who it belonged too. It was a way to tell who was pushing his way through the crowds.

This laugh belonged to a young 2nd year, that went by the name of Genji Shimada, the most popular (or at least he thought) guy in the school. He had it good with all the ladies, he was top of his classes, and one of the first 2nd years to be elected into overwatch when he graduated. I mean come on, everyone was jealous of him. Girls would swoon over him, ask him out constantly, beg him to be theirs, yet he always said no. He always made a big row about how he had his eye on this one girl in 3rd year. No one knew what her name was, for he would just not open up. It was one of the many unsolved mysteries of overwatch high.

Genji seemed to be laughing obnoxiously (as mentioned before) at his bashful yet reserved older brother Hanzo Shimada, a quiet and perceptive 3rd year. Hanzo was walking to his next class, hoping not to run into his vexatious younger brother, but surprise surprise, he was repelled to him like a magnet yet again, much to Hanzo's annoyance. He was the only one who knew what went on in his little brothers mind ; that including the 3rd year Genji had his eye on. Hanzo didn't want to get involved in Genji's 'girl drama' but he seemed to get bombarded by desperate 2nd years, digging their way into everyone elses business to find out who this girl was so they could terrorise her to win over Genji's heart. Hanzo just wasn't into that sort of stuff and he wasn't interested in girls like Genji was. (If you know what I mean *wink wink nudge nudge* *cough mchanzo cough*)

The corridors parted for Genji to make his way through, as if he was Moses parting the Red Sea. He paraded himself through with confidence, giving out the odd wink to the giggling girls as he passed by ; Hanzo sheepishly following behind.

"You know Genji, I really don't get why girls fall for you the way they do. I personally believe they are just waisting their time. This school is meant to prepare you for recruitment into Overwatch, not to find your future fiance!"

"Oh Hanzo, stop being so childish, your just jealous of me!"

"Jealous? Pftt You think I'm jealous of you?! What a laugh. You know I don't take interest in gir-  I mean love...."

Hanzo stepped back, a dark red flushing his face, he had almost told Genji something..(well you know don't you xD) He got back up again, thinking of a new comeback to prove his point to Genji.

"You know whats done this? You have adapted to the American culture! You haven't got a trace of your own culture in you anymore! All of this cool popular bullshit! It's not what you were brought up to be Genji."

"Well I'm sorry Mr 'traditional Japanese citizen' maybe you should try living a little outside of our culture for once, we did move here after all! So just stop this argument ok. I don't even see the point of it anymore."

Hanzo's face calmed a little bit, not exactly mirroring the small rage burning inside of him from his younger brothers disrespect, yet there was not much he could do. He would just have to continue watching over him and step back for a little to let him live his life the was he wanted too, even if it meant he was bringing girls home every weekend or actually studying for overwatch. He had been recruited early after all and Hanzo was proud of him for that.

"Maybe this girl your keeping your eye on can help bring you back to earth a bit more, after all she is one of the most serene people I know."

"I know Hanzo, I've already planned how I'm going to ask her out, and she is BOUND to be mine!"

"I wouldn't get your hopes up Mr Confident, she might say no after all, she is one year older than you."

"I know, I know. But isn't it good to have a little bit of confidence for once?"

"Fair enou-"

Their conversation was cut off by two freshman colliding with each other in the hall. One of them a tall blonde boy, the other a petit black haired girl with her hair in a tight bun.

"Oh sorry luv, did I hurt y-"

That was all they heard from the boy, until the short girl run off down the corridor, covering her blushing face. The boy stood there love struck as Hanzo and Genji observed the entire happening with front row seats.

"Aww, freshman love." Genji teased.

"Oh shut up Genji, you must of felt like that at least once in freshman year?"

"Oh yeah? You felt like it all the time with that little Mcree boyfri-"

"Shut up for once in your life Genji!" Hanzo yelled as he slapped his hands around Genji's mouth to stop him from getting exposed.

"Hehe, that will teach you to try and mock me won't it!" Genji mocked sticking out his tongue and walking down the corridor to his next class.

"That little shit is getting a taste of his own medicine when I see him at lunch." Hanzo smirked as he strolled off down the now deserted corridor.

"Just you wait."