Daniel / Donah - Hidden Injury

Start from the beginning

The walk home was almost unbareable, with Daniel pretty much not touching the floor as he limped. The walk was a lot longer than he remembered.

The house was loud when he entered. All he wanted to do was to grab an ice pack and ice his foot, without moving a single muscle. But apparently, God had other plans.

"Daniel! There you are. Why the he'll did you not answer your texts? Do you even understand how scared we were!" Jonah's loud, booming voice met him the second he entered the front door, and he groaned, trying to neutralise his face so that no one noticed his pain. Jonah seemed mad.

"I-I'm sorry Jo. I-I needed some fresh air." Daniel squeaked, looking up at Jonah with almost scared eyes. Jonah stared at him hardly for a few more seconds before sighing and softening his face. His could never stay mad at Daniel.

"Okay, sorry for shouting at you. But we need to hurry, we have to be at the studio in ten minutes, and it's a seven minute drive." Jonah blabbered, reaching over Daniel to grab his keys, making Daniel freeze momentarily.

"Corbyn, Jack, Zach, hurry up!" Jonah screamed into the house frustratedly. Jack immediately ran into the hall, pulling a beanie over his crazy hair. Corbyn didn't hesitate to follow, knowing how Jonah can get sometimes. Jonah groaned when the youngest member didn't appear, ready to shout again, but Corbyn interrupted him.

"Go ahead, start the car, I'll wait for him." He said, pushing Jonah put of the door before he can protest. We started walking towards the car, and I tried to avoid putting too much weight on my foot, but it was still fairly unbareable. My hand was so tightly clenched I was literally certain that my nails might have broken the skin.

"Daniel, why are you limping?" Jack's sentence caught Jonah's attention, the older boy whipping around to look at the brunette. Daniel blushed and almost stopped waking for a second before starting again to try and look normal.

"What are you talking about? I'm not limping." Daniel chuckled through his pain, not making eye contact with either boy. Jack and Jonah exchanged a confused glance behind Daniel's back, but decided to drop it.

During the car ride there, Daniel didn't talk to a soul, afraid they'd be able to see right through him. He kept his foot hovering slightly over the ground, it being too painful to actually lean on the ground. They got to the studio quickly, everyone talking between each other, leaving Daniel to trail behind, attempting to not limp. The pain was excruciating, every time he tried putting weight on it, it felt like his bone was breaking apart, like someone was stabbing a knife into it. He was considering telling the boys now so he could get some support, but he didn't want to be a burden.

He greeted everyone there with a tight, forced smile, shaking hands and hugging whilst holding all his weight up on his left foot. When they finally sat down as Jack took his place in the recording booth, he couldn't help let out a relieved sigh, his eyes closing in relief.

"Dani, you good?" Jonah's voice come through Daniels ears softly; the older boy knew something was wrong with him, but he also knew he wouldn't talk about it. Daniel attempted to smile up at the older boy, leaning his head on his shoulder.

"I'm fine. Just tired." He hummed, closing his eyes. Jonah wrapped an arm around the younger boy; he was determined to help him, whether he knew what was wrong or not.

Finally, they called Daniel to record, startling the boy from his half asleep state. Jonah helped him stand up and he tried to casually walk over to the booth, pretending his shoelace was undone so that he could hop. He took a deep breath when he entered, looking around for a second before he made his way to the mike.

After this, you only have to get though the concert and then you're done. You can do this.

He breathed out, closing his eyes momentarily. The pain was getting to the extent that he wanted to cry, but he knew he couldn't, especially not now.