Jack / Janiel - Injured

dedicated to @chloeticehurst (idk why it won't let me tag people ksks) but still, thank you for requesting! sorry if this is bad haha xx

None of the boys were quite as excited as Jack to perform at his hometown, in front of all his friends and family. He could barely sleep the night before, chatting away excitedly to anyone who would listen. No-one minded though; everyone loved seeing the distinct twinkle in his eyes. He woke up the next morning, fairly exhausted, yet still full of adrenaline and excitement for the day. He skips into the living room, seeing his younger sister Isla eating cereal on the sofa, her eyes glued to the tv in front of her. She looks up at Jack as soon as she hears him enter, a large smile forming on her face.

"Jacky!" She screams, putting her bowl on the coffee table and running up to him, jumping into his arms. Jack chuckles, lifting her up and smiling even wider when he hears her giggling.

"Good morning beautiful. Are you excited for today?" He asks, placing her softly on the ground.

"Of course I am, is that even a question?" She squeals, making Jack shush her quickly, since most people were still asleep.

"Good morning Jack." Jacks ears perk up when he hears his mums soft voice from the kitchen doorway, sending her a sweet smile.

"Morning mum." He says, ruffling Islas hair once more before walking over to her. He places a soft kiss on her cheek, following her into the kitchen.

"When are you leaving?" She asks as he sits at the table, beginning to pour himself some cereal. He avidly starts eating, waiting to swallow before answering.

"I have about half an hour. The boys are coming to pick me up." Jack answers, shovelling more cereal into his mouth. His mum nods, going to prepare him a coffee.

"Well, we're all looking forward to tonight." She smiles. Jacks eyes light up again when he thinks of the evening.

"Me too. I'm going to put on the best show ever." He grins.

The boys arrive on time, honking outside Jacks house. He quickly says goodbye to everyone, rushing outside into the cold air. He shivers slightly, wrapping his arms around himself as he speed-walks towards the car. Due to it being January, the temperatures had dropped to almost minus degrees. He quickly pulls the door open, thankful for the heating that's warming up the car inside. He slams the door shut, breathing out in relief.

"Jesus fucking Christ, it's so cold!" Jack lets out loudly, making everyone chuckle.

"Good morning to you too." Jonah says, looking through the rear-mirror whilst pulling onto the road. Jack rolls his eyes, too happy to stop smiling.

"Where's you jacket, you idiot?" Daniel says, rubbing Jacks bare arms.

"It completely slipped my mind." Jack blushes, leaning into his older bandmate.

"You're gonna be freezing though bub." Daniel giggles, looking down at the curly haired boy.

"I'll survive."

Corbyn plays some music that everyone begins singing and dancing along to. The drive to the venue is short, lasting only about ten minutes. Before all the boys can exit, Daniel grabs Jack shoulder and shoves a hoodie into his hands.

"Put it on, I have my jacket." Daniel smiles, making Jack do the same. He pulls on the soft, black hoodie, breathing in Daniels cologne momentarily and blushing at how he probably seems a little creepy. Jacks excitement returns when he sees the familiar venue that he had always dreamt of performing at when he was younger. They make their way straight to the backstage area, meeting up with their crew, including their tour manager, Tyler.